Designed for multi-faceted protection, the Macally Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protective Overlay for iPad 2 features both rigid and malleable materials, which are layered and combined with an adhesive. Through a high-temperature bonding process, the multiple layers become a single unique material. On the outside is a durable hard coating; on the inside, there are more flexible materials with specific characteristics designed to broaden the scope of protection. By bonding these layers together with a heat-activated adhesive, the protective overlay has the rigidness to resist scratches, but is still receptive enough to have no ill-affect on the delicate touch screen sensitivity of the iPad 2. The protective screen is also dust-proof and fingerprint-proof. The smooth surface required to resist fingerprint smudges produces a mirror-like reflective surface, but the multi-layered protective screen overlay has a glare reducing material below the exterior hard-shell. Enhancing the screen's flexibility further, Macally even includes a reusable and residue-free adhesive with the Anti-Fingerprint Protective Overlay. This affords easy application and removal of the screen, as well as offering an eco-friendly and reusable alternative to a single-use protective clear-coat sheet that has to be trashed once it peels away from a touch screen surface.
- By layering multiple materials with opposing characteristics, the protective screen provides several different protective qualities into what appears to be a single piece of protective hard-shell plastic
- A thin glare resistant layer of material sealed to a fingerprint proof exterior creates a single glare resistant overlay that also shields your iPad 2 screen from fingerprint smudges
- Using both malleable and rigid materials in the layering process provides dust protection from limited stick and friction, tough scratch-resistance, as well as the flexibility to bend, pull-off and reapply multiple times
- The innovative layering method and selection of rigid and flexible materials also ensures that the hard coating exterior of the protective overlay won't interfere with the touch sensitivity of the iPad 2 touch screen
- By using a residue-free adhesive, the screen can quickly and easily be removed without leaving a sticky mess or damaging the iPad 2 screen. Plus, since the sticky residue remains in the adhesive and not on your iPad 2, it will retain the grip and stick required for repeated and frequent application and removal