The JoeCo BBP1A Blackbox Player is a straightforward multi-track digital player that supports playback of up to 24 digital audio stems at up to 24-bit, 96kHz resolution. Mono broadcast standard WAV files are read from portable USB2 and SDHC media devices, and some of the many applications for the BBP1A Blackbox
Player includes backing tracks in live performances, multi-lingual translation applications, audio installations in halls, theaters, theme parks and more. There are discrete output connections via unbalanced 3x 25way D-sub analog format connectors. The BBP1A Blackbox Player features a full set of transport controls on the 19inch rackmountable chassis. Also featured is a color LCD display, and the unit is easily controlled via MIDI or a QWERTY keyboard.
- Simultaneous playback of 24 tracks in up to 24bit/96kHz quality. No computer required at the performance.
- Files for playback can be loaded from any digital audio workstation capable of creating Broadcast WAV files or recorded directly.
- Audio can be stored on USB2 hard drive or flash drive.
- Simple naming convention ensures that the correct file is replayed through each output.
- Unbalanced analog connections via Tascam format D-sub connectors, and ADAT lightpipe digital outputs
- Intuitive front panel, keyboard or footswitch operation for total control during the performance.
- Can be controlled via MIDI.
- Set lists can be configured as simple XML format playlist files.
- Synchronous playback to SMPTE timecode (LTC and MTC).
- Multiple playlists can be stored for quick changes or alternative show formats.
- Separate foldback mixes can be configured using normal facilities on the console. An additional mix can be sent via the headphone output for the musical director.
- Can be configured to accept an incoming source of digital clock, or optionally word clock.
- Unique feature is the ability to automatically switch to a synchronous secondary system in the event of a failure. (Normally requires a costly external switching matrix.)