The Series 9 13.3" Notebook Computer from Samsung is a sleek, ultraportable notebook computer. The 13.3" system weighs only 2.8 pounds, making it a great choice for those who are frequently on-the-go. The computer is less than three quarters of an inch thin when closed, and can operate for up to 7 hours on battery power.
The computer's 13.3" display features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution -- perfect for 720p video display. It features an antiglare finish and a very high brightness rating of 400cd/m² -- making it possible to read text on the screen on the sunniest of days.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.4GHz Intel Core i5-2537M CPU, which can be overclocked to 2.3GHz via Turbo Boost. It is loaded with 4GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD storage drive, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, a 1.3MP webcam, USB 3.0, and integrated Intel GMA HD GT2 graphics. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Duralumin -- The New Definition of Lightweight
- The Series 9 is designed with mobility in mind, thanks to dramatic duralumin enclosure complete with arching curves and remarkable durability. Duralumin is twice the strength of aluminum, despite being light in weight. Elegant from every angle, the Series 9 also includes a backlit keyboard, a brilliant LCD display screen, and a large multi-touch clickpad. Its minimalistic look is both simple and sophisticated.
- See Vivid Content, Wherever You Go
- If you live for the latest HD movies and games, then Samsung's SuperBright screens, with 400cd/m² brightness, will transform your mobile experience. You can enjoy HD movies, games and other favorite media even when viewing in direct sunlight with no annoying reflections.
- Powerful Processing
- With the state-of-the-art Intel Core i5 processor you get optimized power management when you are playing the latest 3D games, editing and compressing large-size photos or HD video, or multi-tasking. It has Turbo Boost Technology which accelerates your PC's performance by intuitively allocating CPU processing power when you need it the most.
- 128GB Solid State Drive
- A 128GB solid state drive (SSD) provides plenty of storage, lower power consumption and improved performance with less noise and heat output. The chance of losing data is also decreased due to the SDD having no moving parts. And it boots up 60% faster than a hard disk drive (HDD). You'll get less power usage, faster data access and higher reliability.
- Power Back Up in 3 Seconds with Fast Start
- You no longer have to shut down your Samsung computer, just close its lid and it goes into a special powerless sleep mode. When you open the lid your computer comes back to life in 3 seconds and you are exactly at the same place as when you shut the lid. Fast Start saves your data and system configurations to your hard drive and PC memory. So, when you power it back on it is just like you left it.
- Longer Battery Life and Life Span
- The Series 9 delivers mobility and freedom with its power efficient performance and extensive battery life of up to 7 hours. Its advanced Lithium-Polymer battery and Samsung's innovative PowerPlus charging technology make the battery lifespan last up to three times longer than the typical notebook battery so you can keep going, without worrying how much battery life is left.
- Intuitive Navigation
- Samsung's multi-touch SuperButton clickpad is stylish, user-friendly and convenient. It features a glass coating and image sensor which means no more cursors disappearing or jumping around on the screen. This intelligent multi-touch gesture pad, which is located in the center of the palm rest, features 21 types of gesture support such as pinch, swipe, and rotate, and also has advanced 3D image sensing for intuitive navigation.