Built to withstand just about anything, the Griffin Technology Survivor Extreme-Duty Case for iPad 2 & new iPad (Black) is constructed of shatter-resistant polycarbonate and rugged, shock absorbing silicone. The rigid internal frame is actually tested to protect the iPad 2 or new iPad from a six-foot fall onto a flat, solid-concrete surface. Wrapped around the frame is the shock absorbing silicone exterior shell, which is tested and certified to block vibrations. The Survivor Case features a wind, dust and rain shield/screen protector that has also been tested and certified to deflect fast blowing wind and hard rain for up to an hour. The finally protection measure, which seals-off the dock connector, headphone jack, hold switch and volume controls from blowing sand and dust, are the multiple tested and certified hinged plugs that fully protect the terminals and controls of an iPad 2 or new iPad from foreign contaminants. Even the US and UK Defense Departments have certified the Survivor Extra-Duty Case to military tests and standards.
- Survivor Case is independently tested and certified to meet conditions outlined by the US Department of Defense (MIL-STD-810) and the UK Department of Defense (Def-Stan 00-35)
- Built-in screen protector shields and defends the sensitive multi-touch display by deflecting wind and rain up to 200 mm/hr for 1 hr
- Shatter-resistant and rigid polycarbonate internal frame protects against shocks and drops from up to 72" (1.8 m) onto a flat concrete surface
- Hinged plugs seal-off the dock connector and headphone port from sand and dust blowing up to 18 m/sec for 1 hr
- Shock absorbing silicone exterior cladding blocks vibration for up to 18 hr at 20 to 2000 Hz
- Multi-position clip attaches securely to pack strap or belt
- Built specifically to the dimensions of Apple's iPad 2 and new iPad