The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Digital Camera (Black, Body Only) merges the very best of digital SLR technologies with advanced, next-generation HD video recording. Utilizing the Micro Four Thirds system, the camera design offers a 50% shorter flange spacing (mount-to-sensor distance), and a 6mm reduction in the size of the outer lens mount. This innovative, mirror-less design dramatically reduces the size and weight of the camera body and allows for the development of more compact optics.
The camera's 12.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor and dual Venus Engine HD image processors render images with exceptional clarity and minimal noise--even when captured at high ISO. Panasonic's exclusive iA (intelligent Auto) mode features powerful Face Recognition that "remembers" faces registered in the camera, giving priority focus and exposure to capture to your favorite subjects. Now it's easier than ever to make friends and family members stand out in a crowd!
The GH1 allows full-time, manual adjustment of shutter speeds and aperture values when recording HD video. With manual exposure control, you can bring your HD vision to life without compromise. In addition to control of depth-of field and exposure times, the GH1 even records audio in rich Dolby Digital Stereo sound. A stereo-mini jack allows professional audio equipment to be attached for even higher quality sound recording.
- Intelligent Exposure (iA) Mode
- Panasonic's newly developed Intelligent Exposure (iA) Mode simplifies face detection autofocus, AF tracking for moving subjects, optical image stabilization, scene mode selection, and ISO to make great pictures as simple as point-and-shoot. Concentrate on the subject in front of you--let the camera do the rest. The GH1 lets you enjoy making great photographs with ease!
- Full-HD Movie Recording in AVCHD
- With the GH1, shooting incredible photos is only part of the fun. You can also shoot beautiful, richly detailed movies in full HD (high-definition) (1920 X 1080) at 24 frames per second, or smooth HD (1280 X 720) movies at 60 frames per second in AVCHD format (MPEG-4/ H.264) with continuous auto focus.
- Enjoy the Freedom of Manual Settings in Creative Movie Mode
- The GH1 gives you more creative freedom. It lets you adjust the aperture and shutter speed any way you like when shooting movies. Aperture control is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances and you want them each to stand out. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to movies, which is especially effective when shooting fast-moving subjects. Creative Movie mode gives you a wider range of expression to explore, and lets you shoot movies with full manual control.
- Audio Quality That Further Enhances Your HD Movies
- The GH1 also comes with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, the global standard for superior audio recording. The stereo microphone on the upper body records dynamic, true-to life stereo sounds that bring out all the power of your HD movies.
- Wind Cut Function Reduces Background Wind Noise
- The Wind Cut function blocks out most of the noise from background wind. This lets you shoot movies with clear sound and minimal wind noise, even on breezy days and in places like mountaintops and beaches.
- iA Mode: Beautiful HD Movies with Point-and-Shoot Ease
- Just set the GH1 to iA mode, then aim and shoot. The iA mode does all the rest. It automatically determines the most suitable Scene mode and helps correct blurring, focus, and brightness problems for bright, sharply focused HD movies.
- Full-time Live View and Live View Finder:
- Live View lets you see--before you shoot--how adjusting the exposure compensation, white balance, aperture and even the shutter speed will affect the image. On the GH1, both the LCD and the Live View Finder boast true Full-time Live View capability. The Live View Finder has large, 1.4x (0.7x*) magnification and a 100% field of view. This combines with 1,440,000-dot equivalent resolution to make it easy to get the exact image that you see through the lens.
- High-Speed, High-Performance Venus Engine HD
- The Venus Engine HD incorporates two CPUs. This not only boosts image processing speed, it also helps achieve an exceptional noise-reduction performance. Also, the two CPUs of the Venus Engine HD allow longtime movie recording in AVCHD format while maintaining low power consumption. And the Venus Engine HD features HDMI output too.
- 3" Free-Angle LCD with High 460,000-Dot Resolution
- The large 3.0-inch LCD rotates 180° horizontally and 270° vertically, making it easy for you to capture dynamic shots from extreme angles without getting into an awkward position. And when the lighting around you changes, the LCD backlighting level automatically changes too, so you get comfortable, easy-on-the-eyes viewing at all times.
- The Multi-Aspect Ratio Capability Maximizes the Pixels in Any Aspect Ratio
- Using only 12.1 megapixels of the total 14.0-megapixel Live MOS sensor allows the GH1 to offer a multi-aspect ratio capability. This lets you shoot using a 4:3 or 3:2 aspect ratio, or the 16:9 ratio that is optimal for HDTV playback, while maintaining the same angle of view. Unique compositions are possible using a 1:1 aspect ratio.
- My Color Mode Puts You in Control of the Color
- In My Color mode you can freely adjust the color, brightness and saturation parameters, while checking the Full-time Live View image to see how those adjustments affect the photo. This makes it easier and more fun to create interesting, expressive photos. Adjust the settings that best suit the shooting conditions and your expressive intent, and then enjoy your own photography.
- Film Mode--To Capture Photos with a Special Mood or Expressiveness
- Much like changing the film type in a film camera, you can enjoy a wide range of expression based on six color modes and three monochromatic modes. When the multi-film mode is selected, you can record pictures having up to three different effects with each press of the shutter button.
- Fast and Accurate Advanced Contrast AF
- The GH1 features an enhanced iA mode that includes Face Recognition,* a function that "remembers" registered faces. iA mode also activates a host of functions (listed below) that make it easy to get great shots.
- Face Recognition
- When the camera finds a registered person, it displays the name and optimizes the focus and exposure specifically for that person. Turn Face Recognition item ON and register the person with full-face portrait on the shooting menu in advance. AF Tracking--keeps the focus locked onto the subject, even if it moves. Intelligent Exposure--adjusts the brightness of dark areas in an image. Intelligent Scene Selector--selects the most suitable Scene mode for the situation. Face Detection AF/AE--helps capture sharp, bright shots of faces. Intelligent ISO Control--helps prevent blurring caused by the subject moving as you shoot. MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)--helps prevent blurring caused by shaky hands when shooting.
- Compact and Lightweight
- Featuring a compact design and weighing just a little over a pound, the GH1 body is easy to carry and simple to use. The rounded grip makes for a steady, secure hold for purposeful, considered compositions.
- 12.1-Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
- The GH1's 4/3-type Live MOS sensor with 12.1 megapixels is capable of high-speed 4-channel readout to support full-HD movie recording. This sensor is also advantageous for photo recording with its high S/N, thanks to a new circuit structure that is unaffected by the noise generated in each of the circuits. It results in clear images even when taken at high ISO sensitivity. The multi-aspect ratio function of the sensor allows photos to be taken using a 4:3, 3:2 or 16:9 aspect ratio, all with the same angle of view.
- Dust Reduction System Protects the Image Sensor
- If dust or other foreign matter gets inside the camera when you're changing lenses, it could cling to the image sensor and show up as a spot in photos. The GH1 helps eliminate this possibility by placing a Supersonic Wave Filter in front of the Live MOS sensor. Vibrating around 50,000 times per second, the filter repels dust and other particles. This keeps the image sensor clean at all times and eliminates the need for cumbersome maintenance procedures.
- Four Thirds Adaptability- Multiplying Photographic Possibilities
- The GH1 can be fit with a mount adaptor DMW-MA1 (optional) that allows the use of a wide variety of high-performance Four Thirds lenses, including Leica D lenses. Unleash your creative possibilities, for example, by using a premium fast lens to capture photos and movies with a beautiful, softly focused background, and an ultra-powerful zoom to pull distant wildlife right up close. Or, fish eye lens creating extraordinarily artistic effects. Lenses other than LUMIX G lenses cannot use the AF Tracking, AFc (Auto Focus Continuous) or Continuous AF functions. Also, when a lens that does not support the Contrast AF function is mounted, operation will automatically switch to manual focus.
- HD Photos and HD Movies with VIERA Link Networking
- The GH1 is equipped with an HDMI output terminal for direct transmission of digital image and sound signals. Just connect the camera to an HDTV using a single HDMI mini cable (optional). It's also easy to enjoy slideshows in which both photos and movies are played according to the recorded timeline. If you have a VIERA TV, you can control the camera's playback functions with VIERA's remote control unit.
- Easy HD Image Viewing with the SD Card Slot
- Simply take the SDHC/SD Memory Card from the GH1 and slip it into the card slot of a Panasonic VIERA or Blu-ray Disc player, and you're ready to view HD images. For even greater impact and entertainment fun, you can add background music and image effects to your still image slideshows. To play movies recorded in the Motion JPEG format, you need the included AV cable or a video cable.
- Additional Features
Focus: Contrast AF system; Mode: AFs/AFc/MF; AF Detective Range: EV 0-18 (ISO100); AF mode: Face detection; AF Tracking/23-area-focusing/1-area-focusing; Others: Pre-AF (Quick AF/Continuous AF), AF+MF, MF Assist (5x, 10x)
AF/AE Lock: AF/AE LOCK button or Shutter button halfway pressed in AFs mode
White Balance Adjustment: Blue/Amber Bias; Magenta/Green Bias
Color Temperature Setting: 2500-10000K in 100K
White Balance Bracket: 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
Auto Bracketing (AE): 3,5,7 frame, in 1/3 or 2/3 EV Step, ±2 EV
Light Metering System: 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
Metering Range: EV 0-18 (F2.0 lens, ISO 100)
Scene Modes: SCN (Sunset / Party / Baby 1, 2 / Pet)
Movie Scene Mode: Portrait/Scenery/Low Light/Flower/Intelligent Auto/Soft Skin/Food/Objects/Party/Candle Light/Sunset/High Sensitivity/Panning/Beach/Snow/Aerial Photo/Pin Hole/High Dynamic (Standard/Art/B&W) Film Grain/Creative Movie (P.S.A.M) Mode
Advanced Scene Mode: Portrait: Normal/Soft Skin/Outdoor/Indoor/Creative Scenery: Normal/Nature/Architecture/Creative Sports: Normal/Outdoor/Indoor/Creative Night Portrait: Night Portrait/Night Scenery/Illuminations/Creative Close-up: Flower/Food/Objects/Creative
Image Quality: RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard
Protection/Erase: Protection: Single / Multi or Cancel
Erase: Single / Multi / All / Except FAVORITE
Live View: Digital Zoom:2x,4x
Extra Optical Zoom: Max.2x(Not effective with L size recording. Mag. ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.)
Film Mode: Color: Standard / Dynamic / Nature / Smooth / Nostalgic / Vibrant
Black and white: Standard / Dynamic / Smooth
Others: My Film1 / My Film2 / Multi Film
OSD Language: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Direct Print: PictBridge compatible (Print size, Layout, Date setting is selectable)
Battery Life: CIPA Standard : Approx. 300 images(LCD)
Flash Output Adjustment: 1/3EV Step ±2EV
Flash Synchronization: 1st. Curtain Sync. , 2nd Curtain Sync.
Included Software: PHOTOfunSTUDIO 3.1 HD Edition, SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 SE, USB Driver