The 3.5x35 ACOG Machine Gun Optic Riflescope (Matte Black) from Trijicon combines enhanced long-range capability with short-range target acquisition using the Bindon Aiming Concept. The large objective yields excellent twilight performance; a significant factor when light is lean and the target is camouflaged. The combination of a large exit pupil and Trijicon's proprietary reticle illumination system makes for quite a formidable sighting system. The target may choose to run; but hiding - now that could prove to be quite difficult.
This ACOG is configured with a 9.0 MOA RMR Dual Illuminated Amber Dot Sight mounted to the ACOG, which in turn has a LaRue Tactical Quick Detach Mount to mount on an M249 light machinegun. It has a dual illuminated red dot horseshoe reticle calibrated for M249 ammunition out to 1000+ meters. The dual illumination system empowers the self-luminous tritium to light up the aiming point in total darkness while the fiber-optic self-adjusts the reticle brightness during daylight.
- Optical Performance
- Fiber Optic Illumination Adjuster allows manual control over daylight reticle glow
- Broad-band multicoated lenses enhance clarity and increase light transmission by minimizing flare, glare, and reflections
- Construction Details
- Trijicon 9.0 MOA RMR Dual Illuminated Amber Dot Sight incorporated on top of the ACOG
- Housing: forged 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy provides added strength and durability
- Waterproof: nitrogen purged and fully sealed for all-weather reliability. Submersible to 500 ft / 150 m with adjuster caps on or 50 ft / 15 m without adjuster caps on
- Use and Handling
- Mount: LaRue LT622 Tactical Quick Detach Mount
- Tenebrax killFlash anti-reflection device, ARD, and protective flip-up caps add enhanced protection to the scope
- BAC: The Bindon Aiming Concept was devised by Trijicon's founder, Glyn Bindon. The BAC method of aiming with both eyes open ensures a far superior sense of balance, and a wider field-of-view. Combining these benefits with a magnified Trijicon sight gives you a considerable advantage over your target
- Red dot horseshoe reticle: calibrated for M249 ammunition to incorporate spin drift of the round at extended distances- an illuminated dot indicates the exact point of aim. Stadia at 3 and 9 o'clock offer a horizontal target reference system of off-points for moving targets. The 6 o'clock stadia features hold-over hash-marks for distances from 400 m up to 1000+ m
- Dual illumination: 24/7/365 - battery-free tritium/fiber-optic technology provides the horseshoe and dot with a highly-visible red glow