The The CGEM DX Computerized Mount & Tripod from Celestron is a fully computerized equatorial mount capable of carrying Celestron's high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 3" leg tripod is strong enough to hold the 14" optical tube securely while dampening vibration. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, it can instantly point to any of the 40,000+ celestial objects in the database. The CGEM DX mount is user friendly with large altitude and azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The RA and DEC motor wiring is internal, providing a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
The All-Star polar alignment procedure allows users to choose any bright star in the sky and the software then calculates and assists with the polar alignment. It comes with Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which allows users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings. For objects near the Meridian the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian providing uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. Besides the over 40,000 objects in the database, there is the capacity for 100 user defined programmable objects. There is enhanced information on over 200 objects.
The constantly regulated electrical power to the motors makes them capable of driving the telescope even when it is not perfectly balanced. The CGEM DX can thus carry a payload capacity of much larger mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
- Capacity of 50 lbs supports OTAs that usually need a larger mount
- Computerized Equatorial Mount for accurate pinpoint target acquisition and slewing
- Sturdy 3" steel tripod with accessory tray provides stability and convenience
- 40,000+ object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects gives versatility and hours of satisfying night sky viewing
- NexStar computer control technology finds, tracks and automatically slews the telescope
- Hand control software and the motor control units are flash upgradeable for downloading product updates via the Internet
- Software functionality includes mount calibration, database filter limits, hibernation, five alignment procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Customizable database lists the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives so that the targeted object never falls out of view
- Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel provide smooth and accurate slewing
- Low Cog DC Servo drive motor with integrated optical encoders offers a smooth, quiet operation and long motor life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal cable wiring provides a clean look and easy, trouble-free transportation and set up
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack and a ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character LCD hand control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of GoTo features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of the telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings for smooth movement
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory