The 8x42 Oceana Monocular from Celestron with its rubber covered, ergonomic and form-fitted shape has been designed to conform to a person's grip. It is a comfortable and practical scope. The Oceana has a built-in reticle as well as a built-in compass. This 8x42 monocular is a great addition to anyone's hike, sporting event or nature viewing. It is waterproof and fogproof for use in inclement weather.
- Fully multicoated optics reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image
- Waterproof and fogproof for continued use even when the weather turns foul
- Rubber covered for added protection
- Compass is aligned with the vertical range finding scale of the reticle. Besides indicating the direction to or from an object, the azimuth angle can be measured through the analog compass as viewed with the reticle. Each graduation of the Compass equals one degree of angle.
- Built-in graduated reticle with a horizontal and vertical graduated line intersecting just above the compass bearings. The view angle, horizontal view angle, vertical view angle and distance to a target can all be calculated using the reticle's gradation scale.