The Photogenic PL1250DRT 500W/s PowerLight Monolight (Top Mounted) offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price. This top mounted version positions the 5/8" stand mount on the top of the unit for hanging from a ceiling pipe or overhead system.
What good is a light if it keeps you in the dark? The 500W/s keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its large highly readable digital display. Power settings are adjustable in 1/10 or ½ stop increments across 6 stops. The bright 250W modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you previsualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output.
The PL1250DRT recycles to full power in a lightning-fast 1.5 seconds with short flash durations that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle. The PL1250DRT comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, softboxes and umbrellas.
- Six F-Stop Power Range
- Power settings Power levels are displayed in easy-to-read LED digits allowing settings from 16W/s to 500W/s in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments
- Fast Recycling
- The PL1250DRT recycles to full power in only 1.5 seconds to catch even the most fleeting gesturers
- Modeling Light
- The PL1250DRT's bright 250W quartz modeling lamp offers independent power control that is adjustable from full to 1/32 power in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments. Settings include Proportional, to previsualize lighting effects, Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- Top Mounting
- This version of the PowerLight PL1250DR is made to hang from an overhead support system or from a suspended ceiling pipe like those seen in the theater. For this reason, the 5/8" (16 mm) female stand mount is located on the top of the fixture and the name is PL1250DRT
- Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic PowerLights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
- Built-In Slave
- This version of the PL1250DRT has a built-in, highly sensitive, switchable optical slave for synchronization with other flashes
- User Replaceable Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube
- Ready Indication
- Dims the modeling light while charging the capacitors. When the capacitors are at 100%, the modeling lamp re-lights
- Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to insure consistent performance
- Fan Cooled
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube's and the modeling light's lives
- Safety Features
- The PL1250DRT incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- System Compatibility
- The PL1250DRT is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories