The 62mm Zeta ZR EX SMC Circular Polarizing Filter from Kenko marks an enhanced level of filter design from Kenko. The "EX" refers to the 4mm ultra-thin design that makes it usable by wider angle lenses. The ZR denotes "Zero Reflection" that uses the same high-quality polarizing film that is found in the Hoya HD series Circular Polarizers and permits 25% more light - around 1 stop more light to pass through. The Super Multi-Coating offers five layers of anti-reflective coating and a transparent easy-clean top that makes for six layers of protection on each side of the glass. Along with that, the filter incorporates Nano Technology that produces an extremely smooth filter surface that is both stain and scratch-resistant.
If you're out walking on a lovely day - in the mountains or at the beach - and you want to get a fabulous shot of a cloud-filled sky or make the water seem more saturated, then a polarizer is the way to go. This filter is the best way to make the clouds stand out, increase or decrease the saturation of the ocean or increase or decrease the reflection off the water. You can also use this filter when shooting into glass or windows since it will, again, either increase or decrease reflections.
If you're shooting black and white and want to simulate a threatening storm, try throwing on a #25 Red filter. The vista will take on the appearance of an imminent, ominous storm. Along with a UV or Skylight Filter, a polarizing filter should be a part of everyone's gear bag. It can turn a run-of-the-mill image into a stunning, creative photo by increasing color saturation.
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Note: Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems without problems)
- ZR (Zero Reflection) Super Multi-Coating
- This innovative coating will not interfere with any color or light transmission. Reflections are eliminated by allowing light to enter the filter at virtually any angle. This filter will produce superior results and can be used with any type of lens (wide angle to telephoto)
- Ultra Smooth Surface - Nano Glass Technology
- Nano Glass Technology creates an ultra smooth surface from the finest particles of glass, making it stain and scratch resistant without any effect to the image
- High End Constructed - Ultra Thin Frame
- The glass of this lens is precision machined and attached using Retainer Ring Mount Technology giving this filter an unsurpassed durability. An ultra thin frame also makes it wide-angle lens compatible
- Sophisticated Filter Case
- Sleek and durable, a protective and easy to use polycarbonate resin compact case comes with the every Zeta filter
- Premium Quality Polarizing Film
- Zeta uses high transparency & high durability premium quality C-PL film which will not change color and light transmission
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
- Can dramatically enhance a blue sky and make the clouds more prominent
- Used best at right angle to the sun
- Effective with cameras that use beam splitters in the path of the TTL light meter and with AF cameras