The Artes ED 8.5X45 DCF Binocular from Vixen Optics features ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass to eliminate chromatic aberration. Combined with fully multicoated lenses and SK15 High Reflective coated sub prisms, the optics on this binocular delivers bright, clear, color-true views.
The Artes ED DCF Binocular has BAK4 phase coated roof prisms. It has a water repellant coating on the objectives and eyepiece lens surfaces. The generous eye relief of 17.5 mm allows sun and eyeglass wearers that extra level of comfort viewing the total range of the field of view. It has a nitrogen filled waterproof and fogproof construction allowing use in inclement weather. A soft carrying case with a wide strap, objective caps and a 5 year warranty are part of the package.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass reduces the chromatic aberration that appears as unwanted "fringes" of color between dark and bright parts of an image
- Fully multicoated optics: multiple layers on all air to glass surfaces for a brighter, higher-contrast image with less eyestrain
- SK15 High Reflective coated sub prisms to minimize internal reflections allowing pin-sharp images with optimum contrasts
- BAK4 phase coated roof prisms for superior glass construction and vivid, brighter images
- Hydrophobic water repellant coating on the objectives and eyepiece lens surfaces reduce the moisture build up allowing clearer, unobstructed viewing