The 4TB TeraStation Pro Duo Network Attached Storage from Buffalo is a network hard drive array with a dual-core Intel Atom CPU, 2GB of RAM, and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. The dual-port design supports port trunking, which uses both ports to transfer data simultaneously, increasing the array's real-world throughput speed. The array is compatible with Windows client operating systems.
The array features two drive bays, each of which is populated in this configuration with a 2TB SATA 3Gbps hard drive. Together, the drives can be configured as a RAID 0, 1, or JBOD. RAID 0 delivers maximum data transfer performance without protection. RAID 1 creates of a copy of any data that you save, so you have added protection. JBOD treats each of the individual disks as a single volume without offering any form of data protection.
The array supports numerous enhanced network storage features. Its BitTorrent client allows you to download files from the Internet directly to the array, even if your computer is powered down. An FTP server allows you to upload files to the array via an FTP client. USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 expansion ports allow you to connect external hard drives, printers, and other devices for network access.
Network backup is supported via the ten included licenses for the NovaBACKUP Business Essentials software package. This allows you to perform network backup of up to ten Windows PCs, servers, Exchange databases, or SQL databases. Built-in support for DLNA/UPnP media streaming makes it possible to view media files stored on the array on DLNA certified media players.
- The TeraStation Pro Duo utilizes an Intel Atom 1.66GHz Dual Core Processor and 2GB of onboard RAM to provide exceptional performance during file transfers and everyday NAS functions. TeraStation Pro Duo runs many services simultaneously and these pieces of hardware enable it to focus on concurrent tasks with minimal performance degradation. For example, experience maximum network throughput while a replication job runs in the background or perform fast search indexing while an anti-virus scan is occurring
- Two hot swappable hard drives are loaded through the front of the unit. The front panel on the unit is also lockable
- Active Directory support
- Disk quota (soft quota) support prevents specified users or groups from consuming too much disk space
- Scheduled shut down eliminates unnecessary access and reduces energy costs
- DFS (Distributed File System) support
- Easy setup wizard and management is enabled through the intuitive web interface
- Hot swap hard drive trays behind the front panel allow for easy drive access and replacement
- The NAS configuration tool allows for you to export settings to a file for easy, one-click deployment of multiple TeraStations
- Improved CPU speed enables faster data transfers
- The dual 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports support port trunking and Jumbo Frame data transferring
- Share level replication feature with device failover
- Hot spare enables automatic RAID build in case of a drive failure
- Optional AES-128 bit hard drive encryption
- The built-in large silent fan cools the hard drives efficiently
- Advanced ventilation design reduces internal heat
- LCD Display shows important TeraStation information and disk status
- The unit can serve as an FTP server
- With the BitTorrent Client, you can download digital content from the Internet directly to your TeraStation
- The DLNA CERTIFIED built-in media server allows you to stream multimedia content
- Dual USB 3.0 and dual USB 2.0 ports allow you to connect external drives, printers and Uninterrupted Power Supplies
- 10 licenses of NovaBACKUP Business Essentials Backup are included, so that you can back up 10 Windows PCs, Windows Servers, Exchange, or MS SQL databases
- The unit comes with a 3-year limited warranty and tech support that's available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week