The 10x42 EDG Binocular from Nikon is a premium set of glasses that features a high-transmission optical path and a weather-sealed magnesium-alloy housing. A wide 59.2° apparent viewing angle and 10 ft minimum focus distance make the 10x42 configuration of the EDG binocular ready for almost any close to mid-range viewing task.
EDG series optics use extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements, as well as dielectric and phase-correction coated prisms to transmit a bright image that is color faithful and rich with detail. Nikon's Eco-Glass optics are made of responsibly-sourced lenses and prisms that contain no lead or arsenic. Additionally, the field flattener lens system corrects almost all field curvature and improves clarity along the edge of the field of view.
Locking diopter adjustments for each eyepiece, an 18mm eye relief and Turn-and-Slide eyecups with multiple click-stop positions help the EDG series optics provide a comfortable viewing distance for almost any viewer—even eyeglass wearers. Detachable angled rubber eyecups included with this binocular can improve the viewing experience by shielding the viewer's eyes from ambient light.
The magnesium-alloy housing is nitrogen-filled for fogproof performance and wrapped in a slip-resistant rubber armoring that makes this binocular easy to handle even when conditions turn wet or cold. A sculpted body with ergonomically located gripping surfaces, in addition to a fast focus adjustment wheel, equips this binocular for user-friendly handling.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective lenses: 42mm diameter
- Apparent viewing angle: 59.2°
- Eco-Glass: Lead and arsenic-free optics
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements maximizes light transmission and color fidelity
- Field flattener lens system improves clarity and minimizes field curvature
- Phase-correcting prism coating preserves sharpness and clarity
- Highly-reflective dielectric multicoated prisms maximize brightness
- Anti-reflective multicoating reduces glare and improves contrast
- 18mm eye relief provides comfortable viewing distance
- Use and Handling
- Turn-and-Slide eyecups with four click-stop positions
- Removable angled eyecups shield eyes from ambient light
- Contoured gripping surface offers ergonomic handling
- Short bridge design enables secure gripping of barrels
- Locking diopter adjustment for both eyepieces
- Construction Details
- Magnesium-alloy housing with slip-resistant rubber armoring
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Waterproof to 16.4 ft for 10 minutes
- Weight: 27.9 oz