The Aluratek vNote Personal Audio/Video Recorder is a handy, 2.9"-square recording/playback device that lets you leave video notes for family members, roommates, or yourself, conveying all the emotion, nuance, and body language that written notes often leave out. (Most people can speak a lot more quickly more clearly than they can scribble, too.)
Simply by pressing the vNote's Record button, you can create not only video notes but also visual demonstrations of complicated household processes: Teach your late-sleeping houseguests the five steps of setting your house alarm and locking the door, or how to turn on the TV with your three remotes. Show the catsitter exactly how to administer Fluffy's medicine.
The vNote accepts a single SD card (not included) for up to 32 GB of removable storage of 640 x 480 AVI video (with audio) files. There's also 32MB of internal flash storage for up to 30 seconds of recording at 320 x 240. When recording to an SD card, 30 seconds of video requires approximately 64 MB of storage, so the vNote records about 8 minutes of video per gigabyte of SD card storage.
The device has an internal Lithium ion battery that recharges in 1.2 hours by connecting it to a powered USB port on a computer. (A Mini USB to USB cable is included.) Integrated into the tiny vNote are a mic, a camera, a 0.5W speaker, and a 1.77" LCD screen for playback and monitoring during recording.
- Magnet is built into the back of the recorder/player, so you can mount it directly to a refrigerator or other magnetic surface, such as the included picture tray
- Picture tray allows you to position the vNote on a person's picture to notify them of a new message
- Adhesive strips included for mounting the tray on a wall or other surface
- Single-button record and playback
- Up/down buttons for paging through recordings
- Connects via Mini USB to a computer for battery charging only (no file transfer)
- Continuous recording is possible for up to 80 minutes
- Continuous playback is possible for up to 60 minutes
- Standby mode is possible for up to 70 days
- Certified by CE, FCC, UL, RoHS, REACH, Ozone, e-Waste, Energy Star