This is a 36 exposure roll of 35mm XP2 Super Film from Ilford. It is a sharp, high-speed, fine grain, black and white film. It can be used for any photographic subject - portraits, landscapes and commercial use. The wide latitude of the film produces pleasing results even when there is a very wide subject/brightness range. Negatives are printed on black and white paper in the same way as conventional black and white negatives.
XP2 Super has improved exposure latitude compared with XP2, and delivers exceptionally sharp, crisp prints. The film is characterized by superior highlight and shadow detail. XP2 Super will produce extreme contrast in your negatives and produce high-quality black and white prints.
- Easy to expose, and has extremely wide exposure latitude
- Easy to process; it is a black and white film which is processed in C-41 type processing chemicals
- Easy to print; negatives are printed on black and white paper in the same way as conventional black and white negatives
- XP2 Super is a chromogenic film; this means that the dyes which make up the image are formed during development rather than being present in the film or added later
- The extremely wide exposure latitude of XP2 Super is the result of the unique relationship between exposure and grain in chromogenic films