The view is astounding and the handling is superb - glassing through the EL 10x50 SwaroVision Binocular from Swarovski brings the cutting edge of optical performance to a new level. While the original EL series set the benchmark for clarity, color accuracy, and handling comfort, the EL SwaroVision binoculars raise the performance bar even higher.
The optical system has been enhanced with all of Swarovski's HD optics with their legendary performance-enhancing multilayer lens coatings. The optical path is enhanced even further with the addition of field flattener lenses. These field flatteners ensure an edge-to-edge sharpness and clarity that's free of distortion and other distractions.
Keeping pace with the optical train, the EL SV's construction also benefits from some advanced fine-tuning. The EL's open-bridge design provides viewers with long-term viewing comfort, enhanced stability, and ease of handling. The housing is covered with a rubberized finish that offers a secure tactile grip and a bit of shock resistance. Stellar all-climate performance is ensured via nitrogen purging. The rugged magnesium housing is sealed and purged to create a watertight and fogproof internal system - one that's impervious to dynamic climates and difficult conditions.
A wide angle field of view and truly noteworthy eye relief contribute to this fine sporting optic's viewing performance. Even when wearing glasses, the view remains unobstructed, free from vignetting, and lush with crisp detail.
- Optical Performance
- Wide angle 66° AAoV
- Phase-coated BAK4 roof prisms
- Larger ocular lenses provide enhanced resolution
- Field flattener lenses deliver a razor-sharp distortion-free view
- HD optics: fluoride glass elements with Swarovski's proprietary coatings yield superior edge-sharpness, digiscoping imagery, excellent twilight performance
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective multicoating: enhances light transmission
- SWARODUR coating: enhances scratch resistance
- SWAROBRIGHT mirrored prism coating: improves brightness and color reproduction under all lighting conditions
- Rugged lightweight magnesium housing
- Nitrogen purged: waterproof, fogproof, submersible to 13' / 4 m
- Open-bridge EL design affords a comfortable wrap-around grip
- Tactile rubber armoring for shock and all-climate weather resistance
- Improved objective cover design offers an enhanced level of protection
- Use and Handling
- Included snap shot adapter allows attaching a digital camera to one objective
- Close focus: 9.2'/2.8 m
- Twist-up eye cups
- Rapid focus system: 2 turns from 9.2' to infinity
- Extended eye relief accommodates eye and sunglass wearers
- Rubber armor on the each barrel's interior section enhances the viewer's grip