The PL-C 52WII 52mm Drop-In Circular Polarizing Filter from Canon is designed for use with the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM and EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lenses, which accept rear-mounted drop-in filters. The filter is rotated from a ring on the outside of the filter mount. You do not have to remove the filter to use it. The glass is secured within a strong metal frame that slips in and out of the rear mount with ease. The degree of polarization can be seen through the viewfinder of your camera as you rotate the filter.
Circular polarizers help to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
Designed specifically for use with the following lenses, which accept a 52mm drop-in filter:
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Filter's design permits rotating via the outside of the drop-in mount.