Don't let its slim and stylish exterior fool you: the Panasonic HX-DC10 HD Dual Camcorder is a high-definition powerhouse. With best-of-class features such as 12x Advanced Zoom, 3D Digital Noise Reduction, intelligent scene modes, and Face Detection--all in the service of a sensitive, 16-megapixel backlit CMOS sensor--the DC10 lets you capture and share full-HD memories with unprecedented ease.
Video and photos are equally well served by this lightweight wonder. Whether shooting 1080p/720p video, standard-definition video, or 16MP stills, you're assured of capturing impressive high-quality images. Twin Movie/Photo buttons let you quickly switch between shooting video and stills, while the camera's Intelligent Auto (iA) functions accurately read the scene and do the heavy lifting for you. In Photo mode you can also choose your own scene setting or color mode, or switch the camera to Manual and take pictures the old-fashioned way.
The DC10's 3" widescreen LCD not only rotates 285°, it provides 7 levels of brightness, helping you compose your shots from nearly any angle and still keep your image in view. The 5x optical zoom, meanwhile, expands to 12x in 30p video mode, so you can get closer to your subject with no image degradation. Face Detection, Nine-point Auto Focus, and electronic image stabilization keep subjects in focus and images steady.
Other standout features include Macro Shooting for getting up close and personal, simultaneous Movie/Photo capture for grabbing 2MP stills while shooting video, and the handy High-Speed Reverse Consecutive Shooting function, which captures a sequence of images from before you hit the shutter button. No matter the situation, the HX-DC10 is your go-to camera for capturing memories the way you remember them.
- Bright Full-HD (1920 x 1080) Movie Recording
- Even with its light weight and slim design, the HX-DC10 renders images in breathtaking, Full-HD (1920 x 1080) beauty. The sensitivity of the CMOS sensor has been improved by BSI (Backside Illumination) sensor technology, so you can record clear images even when in dimly lit places--like indoors and at parties. You can preserve precious memories in stunning image quality for watching on a large-screen TV or sharing on the web.
- New High-Quality Image Engine
- This New High-Quality Image Engine enables both excellent image quality and a compact body. Its image-processing algorithms and architecture were designed for high-speed processing, signal processing systems were optimized for noise reduction, and power consumption was reduced. In addition to providing motion judgment for the noise elimination process, the 3D Digital Noise Reduction function also lowers random noise. By allotting the bit rate for the noise consuming component to the video signal, compression efficiency is improved for crisp, clear movie images.
- 12x Advanced Zoom for Motion Image Shooting
In addition to an optical 5x zoom, the New High-Quality Image Engine of the HX-DC10 lets you shoot motion images with a maximum 12x Advanced Zoom with no image quality degradation.* You can get a flexible shooting range, from wide-angle to dynamic zooming.
*Only for video recording at 30p. When shooting photos, the maximum zoom is 5x.
- iA (Intelligent Auto)
- This powerful function senses the shooting conditions and automatically makes the settings and activates functions that will deliver optimal results. With both motion and still images, iA does the bothersome settings for you and makes it easy to capture beautiful, well-focused images.
- Intelligent Scene Selector
- The Intelligent Scene Selector function analyzes the shooting situation and automatically switches the Dual Camera to the suitable scene mode that will give you optimal results. Scene modes are Portrait, Scenery, Spotlight, and Low Light, for a range of exposure options.
- Face Detection
- Face Detection automatically senses the ambient lighting and adjusts the exposure accordingly, so faces are bright and easy to see. The focus also prioritizes the faces, and skin tones are smoothed. Faces in the center of the frame serve as the reference for adjustments, but the function can detect up to 15 faces at once.
- E.I.S. (Electrical Image Stabilizer)
- The E.I.S. (Electrical Image Stabilizer) system helps to correct the kind of hand-shake blurring that often happens with compact cameras. Record all the images you want, whether you're shooting while walking, or taking self-portraits, without having to worry about blurring.
- 285° Rotating, 3" Wide-screen LCD
- The HX-DC10 features a 3" widescreen LCD monitor that allows the brightness to be adjusted in seven levels. It also rotates through approximately 285°, so you can easily position it at your preferred angle. This lets you keep your subject clearly in view, whether you're shooting high, low, or at yourself and your pets.
- Twin Shutter
- The twin shutter design gives you two separate buttons for shooting still images or movies. Shoot either type of image with single-finger operation, and with no need to switch modes. You can also shoot a photo at the same time as you record a movie.
- Stereo Microphone
- The HX-DC10 uses a stereo microphone speaker, letting you record motion images with lifelike stereo sound.
- 16MP Still Picture Recording
- Shoot high-quality still images with 16-megapixel resolution. Depending on the situation, you can flexibly shoot either high-quality photos or movies. You can also capture 2MP still images while recording a movie by simply pressing the Still button.
- High-Speed Reverse Consecutive Shooting
- The High-Speed Reverse Consecutive Shooting function continues to capture images while the Still button is pressed, and then, by releasing the button when the desired scene ends, the data that was input just prior to the button release is recorded onto the Built-in Memory as consecutive images. This lets you preserve important memories without missing out on those split-second shutter opportunities. 1
- Macro Shooting
- Get as close as 1cm when shooting small objects such as flowers or accessories. Enjoy creative shooting with high-resolution photos.
- Nine-point Auto Focus
- The HX-DC10 automatically focuses on your subject with its nine-point auto focus, even if it isn't located in the center of the frame. This prevents your shots from going out of focus.
- Color Mode
- Give the image some warmth with Sepia mode, make it extra cool with Monochrome mode, or capture beautiful skin tones with Soft Skin mode. Match your shooting to your mood and subject.
- Manual Shooting
- Select the exposure compensation, aperture priority, and manual mode to shoot. This allows manual shooting to match the situation.
Easy Sharing & Playback
- Easy Web Uploading (HD Writer VE 1.0)
- It's so easy to upload your images onto YouTube or Facebook. The included HD Writer VE 1.0 software (Windows OS only) lets you post movies with easy operation.
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- MPEG-4 files are widely used because they combine video and sound in the same file. As a result, the files can be quickly and easily saved onto a PC and then uploaded onto blogs or social networking sites to share with friends and family.