The one-of-a-kind Wohler AMP2-E8MDA-3G 8-Channel Dolby Audio Monitor is a 2RU in-rack audio monitor with the ability to output and/or display encoded multi-channel audio from Dolby E or Dolby Digital bitstreams that were de-embedded from 3G/HD/SD-SDI or decoded from AES. You can support this process for up to eight channels. Plus, the monitor features the ability to seamlessly switch between encoded or discrete Pulse-Code Modulation (PCM) sources. It's also able to provide full and simultaneous demultiplexing output of the multi-channel source, which basically means that the processor can split files that contain video, audio and other data into separate files that contain one element of the original file.
Each AMP2-E8MDA-3G comes outfitted with four high-quality drivers and three power amplifiers that would impress any audiophile. Two speakers and amplifiers reproduce mid-range and high frequency (HF) information in stereo, while a third amplifier and two speakers handle summed low frequency (LF) information below the 500 Hz crossover point. You can also take advantage of HF response electrically to reveal potential noise problems, rather than relying on acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies.
Besides superior functionality, the AMP2-E8MDA-3G also boasts a modern design aesthetic that is optimally constructed to provide focused and clear sound for operators in an ultra-near field environment ranging from one to three feet. The inclusion of optimized speakers eliminates the need for awkward monitor placement, as well as enabling a higher sound pressure level (SPL) for the audio engineer, while reducing the overall ambient noise and crosstalk that disrupts authentic and accurate monitoring. Although its 2RU unique design with in-rack monitors and high-quality eight channel monitoring make this unit ideal for broadcasting and other audio monitoring/processing applications in any environment, they truly shine when used in VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite links, cable TV facilities and on-air radio studios.
- Accoutered with thorough magnetic shielding to prevent any interference when device is placed near any sensitive equipment and/or video monitors
- Front panel summing of any combination up to eight channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs
- Monitor features eight, 53-segment tri-color LED bar graphs that display simultaneous VU and PPM
- Audible indications of phase/polarity problems
- Premium quality drivers and power amplifiers
- Phase-correlation display of selected channels
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- Powerful 104dB SPL @ 2.0' (61 cm)
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Select the single channel or channel pair that you want in the left speaker, right speaker, or even both speakers; you can select a predefined downmix as well
- Conveniently, the audio monitor features four programmable presets that allow you to change the entire system configuration with the press of a single button
- The monitor's LED screen displays several source, program and level information including: phase, signal type, 3G/HD/SD-SDI group for the 3G models, Dolby Program and more
- For added control over the unit, Wohler made sure to equip both the left and right level meters with their own - separate - brightness adjustments
- This model decodes and monitors/plays any decoded Dolby E, as well as Dolby Digital bitstreams
- Small rack space requirements make this model perfectly suited for use in space-critical environments
- You can quickly and easily display phase indication with the press of a single button