Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 for Mac is professional nonlinear editing software that allows editors to work directly on the timeline with every major tapeless camera format, including P2, XDCAM EX/HD/HD50, JVC ProHD, AVCHD, AVCCAM, DPX, RED R3D, Canon XF, and Nikon and Canon DSLR. Support for these formats is native, so no transcoding or re-wrapping is required.
You can also import and export most other popular video, graphics, and audio file formats, such as FLV, F4V, MPEG-2, QuickTime, Windows Media, AVI, BWF, AIFF, JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIFF, and more. (DV and HDV capture via FireWire is, of course, still supported as well.) The powerful software allows you to mix these supported formats on a single timeline, with high-quality scaling and flexible interpretation rules that engender exceptional output from mixed-format footage.
To support flexible, fast, and powerful creative editing, Premiere Pro CS5.5 features the 64-bit Mercury Playback Engine, which delivers astounding software performance with or without GPU acceleration from your graphics card. For this version, CS5.5 offers additional GPU-accelerated filters and effects. Tight integration with other Adobe Creative Suite programs has long been a hallmark of Premiere, and for version CS5.5, Adobe adds round-tripping of projects with Audition CS5.5 for fast, flexible audio editing.
Note! Premiere Pro CS5.5 requires a 64-bit operating system.
- Adobe Mercury Playback Engine
- Edit in the field, get faster playback of mixed-format timelines, and take advantage of additional GPU-accelerated filters and effects with the enhanced 64-bit Adobe Mercury Playback Engine, now on laptop and desktop computers 1
- Fast, Reliable Encoding for Multi-Screen Delivery
- Output your work for computers, mobile devices, tablets, and television with the included Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5. Use intuitive presets and contextual menus to set up sequences once for multiple formats, and batch-encode while you continue editing
- Flexible, Precise & Reliable Editing Tools
- Edit the way you want with widely accepted, customizable NLE shortcuts and powerful, intuitive trimming and editing tools that give you more precision and control. Boost productivity with dual-system sound support – useful especially for DSLR project workflows – and enhanced project exchange with Final Cut Pro and Avid software
- Roundtrip Workflows with Adobe Audition
- Get a fast, flexible roundtrip audio workflow with Adobe Audition. Pass individual audio clips and multi-track mixes or even renderings of complete video sequences between Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Adobe Audition CS5.5 for editing and sweetening
- Direct Integration with Adobe Story
- Speed up your editing workflow by directly importing Adobe Story scripts, complete with metadata, into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5. Eliminate hours of routine work using Speech Search and other metadata to quickly find footage and edit based on spoken dialog 2
- Extensive Truly Native File-Based Workflows
- Eliminate time-consuming transcoding and rewrapping and maximize quality thanks to native support for P2; XDCAM EX, HD, and HD50; JVC ProHD, AVCHD, and AVCCAM; DPX; and Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras as well as enhanced RED R3D and Canon XF support. Preview Canon XF footage in the Media Browser panel, and utilize camera metadata throughout your preproduction and post-production workflows. Spanned clips are displayed as a single asset in the Media Browser, reducing clutter
- Unparalleled Adobe Integration
- Effortlessly move assets between Adobe Premiere Pro and other Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium components (available separately): Adobe After Effects, Photoshop Extended, Illustrator, Flash Catalyst, and, added for Creative Suite 5.5, Adobe Audition
- Efficient Collaboration
- Collaborate openly and effectively with clients and team members using Adobe CS Live online services (available separately), including CS Review, Adobe Story, and Acrobat.com 3
- Batch Encoding in the Background
- Automate the process of creating multiple encoded versions of your content using the batch features in Adobe Media Encoder. Maximize your productivity by continuing to work while files encode in the background
- Professional On-Set Monitoring
- Maximize camera image quality during shoots by using the included Adobe OnLocation to quickly calibrate your camera, check levels, and monitor signals. The virtual waveform monitor and vectorscope help you avoid problems and improve quality
- Adobe OnLocation Integration
- Record SD and HD video to hard disk and log metadata while shooting using Adobe OnLocation. Transfer content directly to Adobe Premiere Pro, maintaining all metadata and clip information, including in and out points set in Adobe OnLocation
- Industry-Leading Blu-Ray Disc Authoring
- Maintain pristine quality by creating high-definition Blu-ray Discs with Adobe Encore CS5. Use the same DVD authoring interface, incorporating advanced Blu-ray features like pop-up menus and subtitles, as well as dual-layer burning
- Closed-Captioning Support
- Play back and display 608 and 708 closed captions synced to your video sequence and viewable in the Program monitor or with supported external hardware