The Vaddio ClearVIEW HD-20 HD Robotic PTZ Camera features a motorized 20x optical zoom lens with 11 glass elements, a 3.27 Megapixel 1/2.8-type Sony Exmor CMOS sensor, and a slip-clutch robotics system, all for capturing clear, high-definition images with precise, wide-ranging movements. With powerful imaging and pan/tilt/zoom systems, the HD-20 is perfect for videoconferencing, distance learning, and live-event recording in houses of worship and other venues.
The CMOS sensor isn't of the tiny type that you often find in cameras that are "high-definition" in terms of their resolution only. The HD-20 features a 1/2.8-type (6.49mm diagonal) sensor that boasts a large pixel aperture size. The PTZ camera also has high signal to noise, and analog-to-digital conversion is performed in a column-parallel method. All of this results in higher resolution, saturation, and sensitivity of the CMOS sensor: technical details that pay real dividends in terms of image quality – especially in low-light conditions. The HD-20 requires a minimum illumination of only 1.6 lux.
The ClearVIEW HD-20 is smaller and more compact than its predecessor, the HD-18. The HD-20 features both analog component (YPbPr) and digital HDMI outputs for 1080i60, 1080i50, 720p60, 720p50, 1080p30, and 1080p25 signals, meaning the camera will be compatible with HD video systems worldwide.
- High-Precision Motors
- High-torque, micro-stepper motors provide for extremely smooth panning and tilting of the camera. Recalled preset camera positions are highly accurate across the entire pan and tilt range (-30° to +90° tilt, -170° to +170° pan). A smooth slip-clutch mechanism has been included to further enhance robotic movement. The HD-20 is invertible as well – with no frame loss – for ceiling-mount applications
- Analog Component and HDMI Outputs
- The ClearVIEW HD-20 has simultaneous YPbPr (analog) and HDMI (digital) video outputs (same resolution) on the rear of the camera for use in A/V presentation environments and videoconferencing applications
- Quick-Connect Compatibility
- The HD-20 is compatible with the HD-18 Quick-Connect - SR Interface, the Quick-Connect DVI/HDMI - SR Interface and the Quick-Connect CCU in different packages (available separately)
- Easy Integration
- Using a common RS-232 protocol (VISCA) the ClearVIEW HD-20 is easily integrated for use with videoconferencing codecs and control systems such as Crestron and AMX. And of course, the HD-20 is compatible with all Vaddio camera controllers
- HiLD Glass Lens
- The HD-20 is equipped with a HiLD (High-Index, Low-Dispersion) 11-element glass lens for improved images and reduced chromatic aberrations. In short, the image looks really, really good
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- The HD-20 has an advanced DSP that enables capturing the original colors of faces, clothing, and objects accurately
- Advanced CMOS Image Sensor
- The HD-20 uses a 1/3" (or more correctly 6.49mm diagonal, 1/2.8-type) Exmor true native HD CMOS image sensor. The 3.27 Mp image sensor is high-speed, high-frame-rate, and low-noise, while requiring a minimum illumination of only 1.6 lux
- Made in the USA
- The ClearVIEW HD-20 HD PTZ camera is made in the USA, at Vaddio, in the greater Minneapolis, Minnesota area
- Optional Output Cards
- Optional video output cards (available separately): EZIM HD-SDI slot card and EZIM CCU slot card (the latter is for use with Quick-Connect CCU only)
- Included Accessories
- Includes PowerRite power supply, IR remote, and AC cord set