The imgagePROGRAF iPF8300S Printer from Canon uses Canon's new 8-color LUCIA EX ink set (including 3 blacks) for excellent color and grayscale prints. As a network-enabled printer, you only need one unit for the entire workgroup, saving valuable resources and space. As a step-up from the 6300 series printers, the iPF8300S prints up to 44" wide, has a built-in 160 GB hard drive and includes full 330 ml cartridges in the box - over $500 worth of ink. The 160 GB hard drive can be used to store commonly printed files and the 384 MB of RAM handles even the most complex files so you can continue to work uninterrupted.
Each ink cartridge has over 2500 nozzles, delivered in drops as small as 4 picoliters through 2 printheads, ensuring accurate color and ink placement. Unlike the 6300 series printers, the iPF8300S model can be used with the larger 700 ml cartridges, further reducing the cost of printing in-house. Other productivity features include Accounting Manager to track printing costs, print plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop and Digital Photo Professional, and an HTML-based UI for remote monitoring.
- Advantages Over The iPF8300
- The iPF8300S has a larger 160 GB hard drive than the 80 GB drive on the iPF8300 & has a resolution of 2400 dpi compared to the 1200 dpi on the iPF8300
- High Precision Print Modes
- Two print output options have been added to the Printer Driver to give users in proofing and photography environments the ability to create prints with exceptional detail. These print modes were designed to deliver a level of quality a step above the previously available print modes, giving users more choices when creating prints. The high-precision printing mode for photographs delivers output with less graininess, enhanced glossiness, sharper blacks and deeper dark tones. The high-precision printing mode for text and fine lines reduces excessive thickness in text and fine lines while reducing the misrepresentation of colors produced.
- LUCIA EX Ink Set
- This re-formulated 8-color LUCIA pigment ink system increases the achievable color gamut by approximately 20% from previous imagePROGRAF 12-color series. With LUCIA EX, expect more expressive black tones, smooth color gradations, and the capability to reproduce fine details, even in the shadow areas of photographs. The LUCIA EX ink set improves scratch resistance while reducing bronzing and metamerism, for consistent ultra high quality output.
- Built-In Calibration
- The iPF8300 printer is equipped with the ability to easily reset back to the original optimal factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments across all the printer's media types in just minutes. At the same times this creates a stable, predictable printing platform on which superior results can be consistently achieved. The system has built-in calibration sensors that help compensate for adverse environmental conditions while providing a predictable platform for color management and consistent color reproduction.
- Built-In 160 GB Hard Drive
- Increases productivity by relieving the workload from the host PC, while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval. This 160GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mailboxes for easy access via web browser or at the printer for job re-printing. The embedded hard disk is ideal for medium to large workgroups to share a printer efficiently, offering sample job storage space. To ensure security of your files, there are is a quick erase mode, high-speed mode, and a secure erase mode which meets U.S. Department of Defense requirements (DoD5220-22M) for erasure of disk media
- Accounting Manager
- Serves as a powerful feature, used for accurate management of printing costs and other information that is increasingly important in today's economic environment. With Accounting Manager feature you can track how much ink and paper is being consumed when printing large format output. Costs can be assigned to the ink and paper to determine expenses based on your own "Cost of goods". Each individual ink tank can have its own cost associated to it, as well as a variety of different paper types. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes. This feature will allow you to determine the cost of each print based on your actual cost.