The Symphony I/O Chassis from Apogee provides two I/O Module slots for a variety of digital audio conversion options that form the interface side of the Symphony I/O. Elegant and easy to use, the front panel of Symphony I/O Chassis presents the visual feedback needed to monitor levels, sample rate and clock status, along with the controls required to adjust gain, output levels ,and select the Audio Interface Mode (AIM).
The rear panel provides access to the two I/O Module slots that are capable of a combined thirty-two channels of input and output. PCI, USB and Ethernet connectivity ensures complete compatibility with popular workstations, while the panel also includes Wordclock I/O connectors and termination, LoopSynch I/O connectors, and a quiet digitally-controlled fan to keep everything running cool.
The Audio Interface Mode (AIM) allows the system to be optimized for the most popular audio workstation environments, including Symphony PCI, Pro Tools HD PCI, USB audio, or to function as a standalone converter. With a two-step adjustment using a single front panel encoder knob, the interface can be easily switched back and forth between the preferred modes.
The optional five I/O Modules allow the user to choose from standard configurations, or customize the following - channel count, analog to digital input, digital to analog output, microphone preamps (requires an analog card) and digital I/O.
- Two input/output module slots
- Ethernet connector
- USB 2.0 connector
- Two Symphony PC-32 ports for direct connection to Symphony 64 PCI card and Pro Tools core card
- Wordclock I/O and LoopSync I/O
- Wordclock termination switch
- Sixteen, 10-segment meters
- Two multi-function encoder knobs
- OLED GUI provides function selection and function adjustment and Audio Interface Mode (AIM) selection
- Two 1/4" headphone outputs
- 7-segment sample rate display
- Clock source display
- Meter source display
- High-performance, temperature controlled fan