The Olympus FL-36R TTL Shoe Mount Flash is a compact and lightweight shoe mount flash that also offers wireless flash operation. Control is possible directly from the camera without the need for cables. This flash unit is the ideal accompaniment to the Olympus E-3, which features a newly-developed RC Data Transfer System that transmits data optically. This significantly reduces the power consumption of the built-in flash when being used as the system commander. Flash control is available in three groups, allowing flash mode and compensation settings to be set independently for each group - thus enabling ultra-precise illumination. Four remote control communication channels can be set by the user to avoid interference with other peripherals in the vicinity.
The FL-36 Electronic Flash is specifically designed for digital cameras, with an accurate 1/8 step illumination control to provide the precision required by digital cameras, while minimizing illumination reduction. The built-in wide-angle diffuser panel will allow the flash to provide even illumination with wide angle lenses like the Zuiko Digital 14mm-45mm zoom. The inclusion of a lockable bounce and swivel mechanism offers a variety of bounce photography options including left-right, as well as top-bottom in addition to a compact zoom head to accommodate lenses from wide angle to telephoto.
The FL-36R also features an energy circuit that improves recharge rates and enables the flash to operate on just two AA batteries or one CR-3 volt lithium. The FL-36 is compact, lightweight and extremely portable, and is approximately 25% shorter and 35% lighter than the larger FL-50 flash, a significant space and weight savings.
- Selectable Flash Modes
- With several different TTL and manual modes available, you will always get the right amount of control for your shooting needs. Flash Modes include TTL Auto, Auto, Manual, FP TTL Auto, FP Manual, RC, SL Auto, SL Manual.
- Compact and Lightweight Design
- The smaller size and lighter weight of the flash (as compared to the FL-50) is well suited to the latest E-series digital cameras.
- Super-Energy-Saving Circuitry
- The Super-Energy-Saving circuitry improves recharge rates and enables the flash to operate on just two AA batteries or one CR-V3 (LB-01) lithium battery.
- Variable Coverage Angle
- Flash coverage is automatically adjusted to the image area in several steps during zooming.
- Variable and Controllable Output
- With the Olympus digital SLR, you can adjust the flash intensity in 1/3 EV steps, and it also offers features such as red-eye reduction, slow synchronization and second curtain synchronization.