The ioSafe Rugged Portable Aluminum Hard Drive with 1 Year DRS - 500GB withstands all sorts of harsh conditions - from driving hail storms, to water and chemical immersion, to crushing weights, to drops from up to 10' high. Naturally, the drive also offers excellent protection against the jolts, bumps and impact of everyday use, making it the premier choice for everyone from the grizzled mountaineer to the harried business traveler.
The drive comes with a 1 year Data Recovery Service feature which, in case of a drive failure, lets you send back the drive to the factory where ioSafe's disaster response team will employ forensic data recovery methods to retrieve data from the drive. This service is a one-time option that you can excercise during the DRS period. ioSafe also provides it with a no-hassle warranty which means you'll be able to return the drive for repair or replacement if it fails for any reason. The enclosure also incorporates a Kensington lock so you can protect the drive from theft by securing it to an immobile object.
The drive interfaces to the computer via a high speed USB 3.0 connection and also supports USB 2.0 for backward compatibility. For added security, this drive includes software utilities that enables the use of encryption and other methods to safeguard drive contents from unauthorized access.
- Data Recovery Service (DRS)
- Accidental deletion, formats, corruption or disasters can happen to anyone at anytime. The ioSafe DRS is a one-time, any reason, data recovery service for ioSafe to help you get your data back whenever you decide to exercise this option. It includes shipping, replacement hardware, ioSafe services and up to $5000 for third party forensic recovery if required.
- Crush Protection
- Full Metal Jacket Technology: CNC-machined from a billet of solid metal, the aluminum enclosure is crush-resistant to 2,500 lbs. and the titanium alloy enclosure to 5,000 lbs.
- Immersion Protection
- HydroSafe Technology protects data during immersion up to 3 days in freshwater or saltwater to a depth of 10' (aluminum version) or 30' (SSD or titanium version) per IP68. The ioSafe Rugged Portable continues to protect data even when connected via USB.
- Extreme Environment Protection
- EnviroSafe Technology protects data from continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain for up 24 hours per MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
- Theft Protection
- Theft resistant Kensington Lock compatible slot can be used to secure the drive to almost any immovable object with optional Kensington Locks.
- Backup Software and Encryption
- Includes the award-winning GenieTM Timeline Pro backup software ($60 retail value) that features Continuous Data Protection, Full System Disaster Recovery, Open File Backup, backup of files synced between your iPhone/iPad/iPod or BlackBerry device and computer, and more. Open-source encryption software TrueCrypt is also supplied.
- No-Hassle warranty
- If your ioSafe Rugged Portable stops working for absolutely any reason within the warranty period, we'll replace it or repair it. It's that simple.
- Shock Protection
- Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20' drops (SSD version) and 10' drops (250-750 GB HDD versions, 1TB HDD requires optional drive skin) per MIL-STD-810G Method 516.5.
- Chemical Protection
- ChemSafe Technology protects data during periods of immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids and aircraft fuels to a 12' (3.7 m) depth for 1 hour per MIL-STD-810G Method 504.
- Altitude Protection
- AltiSafe Technology enables operation at altitudes up to 15000'/4572 m (aluminum version) and 30000'/9144 m (SSD and titanium versions) per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4.
- USB 3.0
- Blazingly fast performance via USB 3.0 of up to 5 GB/s. USB 2.0 is also supported.