The nanoPAD2 from Korg is an ultra-compact and low-profile pad controller, perfect for entering drum data and one that fits perfectly in front of a laptop or desktop computer keyboard. Using a single USB cable, the 16-pad controller offers impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space.
The pads are velocity sensitive. The X-Y pad can be used to control multiple synthesizer parameters while a "Touch Scale" function allows for playing phrases on the touchpad. The controller is USB bus powered and with the appropriate connector kit (not included) the unit is compatible with Apple's iPad.
Downloadable software allows for custom configuring the pad responses, and licenses are provided for 3 virtual instruments to facilitate immediate music creation.
- Low-profile pad controller, excellent for playing or entering drum data
- Perfect for a mobile setup using a notebook computer
- 16 solid, responsive and velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- 4 banks provide a total of 64 pad assignments
- Control multiple MIDI parameters via the X-Y Touchpad
- "Touch Scale" function allows for playing phrases on the X-Y touchpad, with a choice of 16 different scales and the ability to specify the root key and note range
- Gate ARP function transmits note data based on tempo
- Tap tempo and tempo sync supported
- USB powered
- Korg Kontrol Editor software (available on Korg's website) allows the user to choose from three velocity curves or fixed velocity, specify note numbers, create user scales for the Touch Scale function, assign chords, assign control change messages, and save settings
- Can function with the iPad via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit (not included), providing MIDI control using Apple Core MIDI features