The nanoKONTROL2 from Korg is an ultra-compact and low-profile controller that provides eight channels of control for numerous software titles, including major DAW programs. It fits perfectly in front of a laptop or desktop computer keyboard, and using a single USB cable offers impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space.
A knob, fader and three switches are provided for each of the eight channels, initially assigned to pan, volume, and solo, mute, record. The various controllers can be reassigned for use with a virtual synthesizer for instance, to change things like envelopes or filters. A dedicated transport control section is also included.
The controller is USB bus powered, and with the appropriate connector kit (not included), the unit is compatible with Apple's iPad. Downloadable software allows for custom configuring the faders and knobs, and licenses are provided for 3 virtual instruments to facilitate immediate music creation.
- Low-profile, multi-function control surface especially useful for a mobile setup using a notebook computer
- Perfect for controlling any computer based DAW or numerous other types of music production software
- Knob, fader and 3 switches provided for each of the 8 channels
- Track select and marker advance parameters
- Marker button makes it easy to assign marks at important points in a song for more efficient recording and song production
- USB powered
- Korg Kontrol Editor software (available on Korg's website) allows the user to make detailed customized settings - for example, the minimum and maximum values for each control change message can be specified
- Functions with the iPad via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit (not included), providing MIDI control using Apple Core MIDI features