The Sachtler Telescopic Tripod TT 75/2 CF with FSB 8 Fluid Head is a full support system that's specifically designed for shooting video with a high-definition ENG-style camcorder – or perhaps a DSLR camera on an absolutely loaded rig. It's appropriate for payloads between 2.2 and 19.8 lb, so most professional camcorders are well supported, even shoulder-mount ENG models.
Two key features of the FSB 8 fluid head enable the execution of professional-level cinematic camera moves: balance and drag. The Snap & Go sideload mechanism features a very large sliding range of 4.7", and ten steps of counter-balance are selectable, allowing you to quickly achieve precise balance and thus stable operation. Five grades of horizontal and vertical drag (plus zero drag) are also selectable, allowing you to pan and tilt slowly or quickly with the supplied DV 75-type pan bar. The tilt range of the FSB 8 is -75 to 90°.
The fluid head features Sachtler's counterbalance-switch mechanism, plus the company's well-known Speedbalance and Sideload technology. Sideload allows for quick mounting and unmounting of the camcorder, for easy switching between locked-down and handheld shooting.
The FSB 8 head attaches to the three-section Telescopic Tripod TT 75/2 CF via a 75mm bowl attachment, for professional stability and leveling. The tripod features single-tube carbon-fiber legs and magnesium die castings, for an excellent balance of light weight and good stability & load capacity. (On its own, the tripod is able to support loads up to 44 lb.)
By extending the two leg stages via the ergonomically designed, easy-to-operate flip locks, the TT 75/2 tripod reaches a maximum height of 67.3"; with the head attached, that rises to a very tall working height of 73.7". Meanwhile, the entire system weighs less than 10 lb. A padded bag is included.
- For use with full-size HD / ENG camcorders, with total payload support up to 19.8lb
- Provides professional performance via a 10-step counterbalance as well as three vertical and horizontal grades of drag (+0)
- The Snap & Go sideload mechanism boasts an exceptionally large sliding range of 4.7"
- The FSB 8 is a component of the SOOM modular construction system
- Angle selector allows you to set the carbon fiber legs at precise angles, independently and easily