The ThOR 2 Color Thermal Weapon Sight from ATN is a multi-tasking thermal imaging system - it can be mounted to a firearm for use as a mid-powered thermal weapon sight, or operated as a hand-held monocular. The ThOR can also be mounted to a tripod for long-term observation applications.
Based on a proven 320 x 240 uncooled microbolometer, the ThOR delivers high resolution thermal imaging on its 852 x 600 color OLED display. The field of view is rendered in color. Remote viewing on a computer or monitor is made possible by a convenient NTSC 30 hz video-out port. The FOV's brightness can be adjusted manually to match ambient lighting conditions, while the overall sharpness is adjusted automatically by the imaging system. The ThOR's optical system provides 2x magnification, and the imaging system offers a 5 step digital zoom.
An integral throw-lever quick release mount allows the ThOR to be mounted to most Picatinny rails. The aiming system features a user-choice 2-color cross hair reticle with manual brightness control, and internal 3/4 MOA W&E correction with ± 2° of total adjustment. The entire unit is waterproof, is manually focused and is powered by 4 CR123A batteries.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Performance Details
- Dioptric correction: ±5
- Exit pupil: 0.4" / 10 mm
- Start-up time: <3 seconds
- Display: Color OLED 852 x 600
- Battery/run-time: 4 CR123A - ≈ 6 hr
- Durable, lightweight, full-metal housing
- Two Picatinny rails for mounting accessories
- Reticle: dual-color crosshair, 5 brightness levels
- 2x Magnification with digital zoom of 1-5 and a 0.25 step
- Windage/elevation correction: ¾ MOA, ±2° total adjustment
- Amorphous silicon detector with 320 x 240 resolution, 30 Hz
- Manual brightness adjustment, automatic sharpness adjustment
- Digital operating control with direct button access & manual image refresh switch
- Distance for human detection is 1000.6 yd / 915 m, for human recognition it is 492.1 yd / 450 m