The External USB 6X BD Combo Super Multi Drive from Plextor is a great way to watch high definition from Blu-Ray discs and to burn or read CDs and DVDs. This versatile drive reads BD-SL discs at a speed of up to 6X and BD-DL at a speed of up to 4X. In addition, the drive can read and write a variety of DVD and CD formats. More specifically, it can read and write DVD±R at 16X and DVD±R DL 8X, among other DVD formats. Beyond Blu-Ray and DVD discs, it can also speedily read and write CDs, such as CD-R and CD-ROM formats at a top speed of up to 48X and CD-RW at a top speed of up to 32X.
For connecting to your computer, the drive utilizes a USB 2.0 interface and comes with the PlexUTILITIES and CyberLink BD Suite Software. PlexUTILITIES allows you to view both basic and advanced drive information while also offering high quality audio and multimedia capabilities. CyberLink BD Suite lets you do everything that you want with video and discs: authoring and burning, data archiving, disc playback, slideshow creation, video editing, photo retouching, music ripping, label printing, and data burning. If you want to watch Blu-Ray discs and burn or read CDs or DVDs on your Windows XP or Vista computer, this drive's got you covered.
- BD Reads
- Plays Blu-ray media for hours of enjoyment in High Definition. In terms of actual Blu-Ray discs, this drive reads BD-SL at a maximum speed of 6X and BD-DL at a maximum speed of 4X
- A Range of DVD Formats
This drive reads and burns a multitude of different DVD formats. Those formats and read/write speeds include the below:
DVD±R DL 8X
- Double Layer DVD
- Double layer allows you to record up to 4 hours of high-quality MPEG-2/DVD video on a 8.5 GB disc
- Direct Disc Recording to DVD
- Supports DVD±VR format for direct disc recording
- Lossless Linking and Zero Link
- Supports Lossless Linking (DVD+R/RW) and Zero Link (DVD-R/RW)
- CD Capabilties
This drive reads and burns a multitude of different CD formats. Those formats and read/write speeds include the below:
- PlexUtilities Software
PlexUTILITIES allows you to view basic and advance drive information as well as offering high quality audio and multimedia capabilities. It features the following functions:
Viewing Basic and Advanced Drive Information which lists the drive's hardware, including serial number, firmware version, and jumper settings, and shows the capabilities of the drive. Concurrently, it reveals extensive information about the inserted disc- like format, sessions and tracks, manufacturer, and CD TEXT.
Permitting Drive Identification and Control which allows you to control different features of your Plextor drive.
Measure Disc Burning Quality which tests the quality of a written or pressed disc by counting the number of errors, measures the mechanical characteristics of blank media, shows the write quality by checking the jitter rate and the beta value of written media, and measures the quality of the written DVD media by checking the pits and lands for compliance with the DVD specifications.
Automatic software and firmware updates immediately notifies you of pending updates to your Plextor drive so that you always have the most current applications
- PlexERASe Technology
- This technology gives you the opportunity to remove confidential content permanently from a disc. Data cannot be restored after it has been treated with PlexERASE, the original data is over written with random content
- PlexRead Technology
- This technology tells the drive to skip certain video-data that may cause an unsmooth or a mosaic effect on video playback on a damaged or scratched DVD-Video disc. Typically your drive will try to process the damaged data. With PlexREAD, your drive skips over such data that cannot be processed quickly and continues on with the rest of the video playback
- CyberLink BD Suite
- The CyberLink BD Suite software lets you do everything that you want with video and discs: authoring and burning, data archiving, disc playback, slideshow creation, video editing, photo retouching, music ripping, label printing, and data burning. As a complete suite of CyberLink's most comprehensive range of software, CyberLink BD Suite features advanced technologies for enjoying and creating the latest audio and video disc formats. The PowerStarter interface supports task-based operation of burning and creativity features, and provides an easy means to update and enhance products online
- Buffer Safeguarding
- The included Buffer Underrun Proof technology prevents buffer underrun errors
- Works with Windows XP and Vista systems
- Customer Support
- Unlimited toll-free technical Support