With Phase-Corrected Coating and enhanced optical coatings - the CL Companion 8x30 Binocular (Tan) roof prism binocular from Swarovski delivers crystal-clear images with razor sharp outlines, and accurate true-to-life color. Styled and engineered with an ergonomic profile, non-slip, easy-to-handle focusing wheel, and individually adjustable twist-in eyecups made from allergy-tested material - the CL Companion combines the proven precision of Swarovski Optik with exceptional value for the money.
Swarovski's P-coating and premium roof prisms eliminate color fringing and aberrations for maximum color-fidelity and contrast. Each optical surface has been treated with SWAROBRIGHT, SWAROTOP, and SWARODUR coatings to enhance light transmission, optical-quality, and viewing accuracy.
The CL Companions utilize a compact and thin bridge construction with thumb depressions on the underside of the binoculars for steady, balanced viewing comfort. This trim form-factor is relatively light and small enough to travel with easily. Its non-slip full rubber armoring is shock absorbing; protective of the fine optics. It is nitrogen filled to prevent internal fogging and is submersible to a water depth of 13 feet. This binocular is an impeccable world-class optical system that performs above and beyond its deceptive price.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 56.7°
- Phase-coated BAK4 roof prisms
- Advanced optical coatings: SWAROTOP - anti-reflective multicoating: enhances light transmission. SWARODUR - enhances scratch resistance. SWAROBRIGHT - mirrored prism coating improves brightness and color reproduction under all lighting conditions.
- Construction Details
- Compact, slender construction with a thin bridge for lightweight holding and a non-slip focusing wheel
- Nitrogen filled: waterproof, fogproof, submersible to 13.0' / 4 m, dirt and dustproof
- Tactile rubber armoring for shock and all-climate weather resistance
- Individually adjustable twist-in eyecups made from allergy-tested material
- Use and Handling
- Close focus: 9.8' / 3 m
- Extended 15 mm eye relief accommodates eye/sunglass wearers
- Thumb depressions on the underside of the binoculars for steady, balanced viewing comfort
- The functional temperature ranges from -13° to +131°F / -25° to +55°C. While the storage temperature's spread is -22° to +158°F / -30° to +70°C.