The StorCenter px4-300r Network Storage Enclosure from Iomega is a network storage enclosure. It features a 1U rackmount form factor, making it an excellent choice for use in enterprise environments. It can house up to (4) 3.5" SATA hard drives or SSD drives. It connects to your network via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, and offers advanced features such as iSCSI block access, RAID support, and remote data access. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
Business users will be happy with the vast functionality of the device. It can be connected to a UPS monitoring port, act as a print server of Axis IP security camera server, and supports rsync device-to-device data replication. Support for Microsoft's Active Directory, user quotas, and user-replaceable drives round out the server's impressive professional feature set.
- The enclosure ships without any drives, allowing you to add your own. Each of its four bays can accept a 3.5" SATA hard drive or SSD drive. Drive carriers are included.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 5+1 (Hot Spare), all with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap. JBOD mode is also available.
- Storage Pools group drives of like size and RAID protection together to simplify management.
- Add storage capacity by simply adding drives in the unpopulated drive bays. Added drives can be brought into an existing Storage Pool or made into a new Storage Pool. Additionally, USB connected hard disk drives can be attached and used as shares. The StorCenter ix4 supports read and write on FAT32, NTFS, or ext2/ext3 formatted hard disks. It also offers read only support for external HFS+ formatted drives.
- Access files from any networked Windows, Mac, or Linux workstation or server for easy file sharing, data backup and print serving.
Network File Protocols Supported:
- Microsoft (CIFS/SMB/Rally) FTP
- Linux/UNIX (NFS) HTTP
- Apple AFP/Bonjour support SNMP
- Windows DFS WebDAV
- VLAN tagging
- Ethernet port bonding for load balancing, high performance bandwidth aggregation or failover. Virtual LAN (VLAN) capability simplifies management and operation by enabling devices to be logically, but not physically, in the same subnet.
- Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single Iomega StorCenter system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a StorCenter from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for database and e-mail application performance.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and high-performance embedded architecture, plus link aggregation (port bonding), work together to provide extremely high throughput.
- Allows the domain users and groups to authenticate to the Active Directory service to access the StorCenter ix4.
- Enables an uninterruptible power supply to communicate with the system via a USB port to initiate an unattended system shutdown without data loss in the case of extended power failure.
- For maximum energy efficiency, drives spin down based on user-set policy.
- If the device detects a problem, an e-mail alert is sent to one or more e-mail addresses.
- Connect from anywhere on the Internet to access content or manage the device.
- The System Dashboard provides a one-stop summary for status information on space utilization, device, peripheral, and backup status.
- VMware Certified: HCL certified NAS (NFS) and iSCSI storage for VMware ESX (vSphere)
- Microsoft Window Server Certified: Windows Server Catalog certified iSCSI storage for Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Citirx Certified: HCL certified NAS (NFS) and iSCSI storage for Citrix XenServer
- The StorCenter ix4 supports device-to-device (D2D) asynchronous replication based on the end-user determined policy. Replication uses the secure rsync, rsync, or remote CIFS protocols.
- Connect Axis and Panasonic network security cameras and the StorCenter ix4 captures and stores video without the need of a dedicated PC.
Total Data Protection:
- Multiple network interface cards (NICs) can be configured for I/O failover Robust username and password authorized access or integration with Microsoft Active Directory Service Configure with RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 to assure data integrity if a drive fails. RSA BSAFE technology protects installs and upgrades.
Simple to use:
- Easy network file sharing with Automatic configuration -- ready to work with any networked computer
- Management via user-friendly web interface
- Event logging and e-mail notification
- Eleven languages supported by the user interface (concurrently from different clients)
- Compatible with today's most common backup software titles, web browsers, media devices, and computers.
- Includes Iomega StorCenter Manager software.
- During the warranty period, Iomega provides with this device a dedicated customer support phone line for handling all problems, troubleshooting, and return inquiries: 1-800-940-6354. Only units found to be defective can be returned, and Iomega will make every effort to resolve any problems via the hotline first