The 2TB CloudStor Pro CS-WV2.0/1D Network Hard Drive from Buffalo is a network storage solution with a wealth of online features. You'll be able to access data stored on the drive when you are away from home thanks to the myCloudStor.com web site. Of course, data will also be readily accessible when you are at home using your Wi-Fi network.
The 2-bay enclosure ships with only one drive installed. This allows you to add a second drive to expand the available storage capacity or to enable RAID 1 data mirroring. It connects to your network via Gigabit Ethernet, and features a USB 2.0 port for peripheral connectivity. It is powered by a 1.6GHz CPU for superior network performance.
Numerous network features are supported. You'll be able to share files with friends and family via e-mail, social networks, and the web. You can stream media files stored on your drive to your PS3, Xbox 360, or mobile phone. The drive is compatible with Mac and Windows computer systems.
- Unlimited and Private File Sharing
- Share unlimited files and folders securely with friends, family, coworkers and clients. Share large files like photos and videos with just a simple click -- no uploading required.
- Create slideshows directly on myCloudStor.com using your favorite photos, videos and music. You can even share the slide shows with others.
- Social Networking Integration
- Publish files to social networking Web sites like Twitter, MySpace and Facebook with just a few clicks. Notifications automatically publish on these sites whenever changes are made.
- Full Access Sharing
- Create folders on your CloudStor and grant full access sharing so others can upload, download, view and edit files. Share full resolution content with others -- even those who do not own a CloudStor.
- Automatic Sharing Notifications
- Inform others when changes occur to drives or folders you are sharing. With a simple click, CloudStor will automatically send an email to the people you are sharing with or publish a notification to your social networking sites when you make changes to the shared folders or files.
- Access Files Remotely
- CloudStor gives you the flexibility to access your content from any web browser, computer or mobile device.
- Global Search Across Multiple Drives
- With support for multiple CloudStor hard drives on the same account, the CloudStor's global search feature scans all CloudStor devices tied to the user. Search filters allow users to view all of their photos, videos and music in a single organized view, or to search for a specific file across all enabled CloudStor units.
- Free Mobile Application
- Free mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry and other mobile devices are available for CloudStor. Upload and share files and folders or stream music and movies on your mobile device while on the road.
- Free Desktop Application
- The desktop application for PCs and Mac computers makes all hard drives attached to your CloudStor appear like local drives on your computer. Drag and drop files from your desktop to your CloudStor or your CloudStor to your desktop. Whether you're at home or on the road, you can always access your CloudStor just like it's a drive on your computer.
- Organize Your Music, Photos and Videos
- CloudStor automatically displays music by album, artist and genre for easy access to all your music. Photos are displayed chronologically, and video previews can be viewed by clicking on a thumbnail.
- Open URL
- Allow others to view and download a file or folder without a CloudStor account. With a simple click, CloudStor will generate an URL that links directly to the file or folder you are sharing. You can then email, text or copy and paste that URL to anyone you'd like.
- Stream Music, Movies, and Pictures from Anywhere
- Listen to your music using a built-in media player, watch video, and browse through your photos from any web browser, computer, or mobile phone.
- PS3 and Xbox 360
- Stream movies, music and photos directly to your PS3 or Xbox 360 gaming system.
- PDF and Microsoft Office Viewer
- CloudStor will display PDF, Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents without any additional software. View all your productivity files on mobile devices like the iPad, iPhone, and others.
- Cloud/Mobile Printing
- Print from any mobile device, including iPhone and iPad, and to any CloudStor-enabled printer from anywhere in the world.
- Multiple Users
- Allocate storage on your CloudStor to give coworkers, clients or friends space of their own to store and share files without owning a CloudStor of their own.
- Seconds to Configure
- CloudStor takes about 60 seconds to configure -- no software installation required. Plug CloudStor into your router, go to www.myCloudStor.com and click "activate" to register. It's that simple.
- No Fees, No Limits
- Access, share, download, upload and store as much as you want. When you buy a CloudStor -- the service is free. No additional fees ever.
- Video Transcoding
- CloudStor automatically makes all videos playable across the web and mobile applications. Both full-length transcodes and 10 second previews are available.
- HTML 5 support
- Stream media to HTML 5 supported products, like the iPad.
- Active Copy
- Copy photos, videos, music and other files from one folder to another automatically. Any additions or changes made to those designated files and folders will automatically copy to the destination folder you selected.