The BST-25/216 Synthesized Base Station Transmitter from Comtek is an auxiliary base station transmitter designed to operate in the newly assigned 216-217MHz band under part 95 of the FCC regulations. For highest fidelity operation, the PR-216 receiver must be used with the wide-band companded channels.
This transmitter may be used for personal cueing, for tour guide applications, language interpretation and for assistive listening. The BST-25/216 also operates with the Phonak microEar VHF in-ear receiver in the narrow-band non-companded channels.
The BST-25/216 transmitter incorporates the latest digital and analog technologies to produce low residual noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response rendering the most natural sound possible from a wireless system.
- 57 user-selectable channels in the 216 to 217MHz range: 38 standard narrow-band, non-companded channels; 19 high-fidelity narrow-band channels with companded audio processing
- Single window, bright LED display for exact frequency and channel, VU bar graph meter, antenna condition and lock-out indicator
- Test tone generator for receiver testing and audio level referencing
- Balanced mic or line level with 60 dB of control range to accommodate any audio level
- Micro controller automatically sets the modulation deviation, audio mode for processing, and the EQ when corresponding channels are selected
- It can be rackmounted for AC or 12 V DC power and can accommodate a variety of remote antennas