The D-Link PowerLine AV Network Starter Kit is stellar way to create or expand your home network using your existing electrical wiring. Included with the kit are two PowerLine AV adapters that each feature a built-in Fast Ethernet port. To create your network, simply connect one adapter into a wall socket and use an Ethernet cable to connect it to your router. Thereafter, you can attach the other adapter to any other socket in your home or office and connect up your Ethernet-enabled devices, such as a computer, an Ethernet switch, a wireless access point, a digital media player, a gaming console, and much more.
Because these adapters feature data transfer speeds of up to 200Mbps and utilize Quality of Service technology, they are ideal for streaming HD video, intense online gaming, and VoIP calling. Plus, these adapters incorporate 128-bit AES encryption for securing your connection to help keep your data safe from intruders. Ideal for homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments could inhibit a wireless signal, this starter kit is a simple, effective way to setup or expand your network.
- The PowerLine AV Network adapters included as part of the kit transfer data at speeds of up to 200Mbps 1
- You can use one of the adapters to expand your wireless LAN by connecting an access point to achieve stronger wireless signals in remote areas
- You can also use one of the adapters to expand your wired network by connecting an Ethernet switch to connect multiple computers, game consoles, and multimedia devices to the Internet
- The adapters' built-in Quality of Service support helps prioritize audio and video streaming to your computer, gaming device, or Digital Media Player
- The adapters incorporate 128-bit AES encryption for securing your connection to help keep your data safe from intruders
- With simple plug & play installation, you can quickly and easily setup connections to your router and computer or other devices without first having to run complicated installation software
- Compatible with Windows 7, XP with Service Pack 2, Vista, and 2000 with Service Pack 4