When used with your existing PowerLine AV network, the PowerLine AV Wireless N Extender from D-Link is a cool device that can elegantly spread wired or wireless Internet access in your home or office simply by being plugged into a wall socket. In terms of wireless access, this extender is compatible with wireless -N, -G, and -B devices. In terms of wired access, the extender features one Ethernet LAN port that supports data transfer speeds of up to 200Mbps with your Ethernet-enabled device, such as a computer.
With both this wireless and wired capability, you can turn your power outlet into a possible network connection for your digital media devices, such as game consoles, print servers, computers, and network storage drives throughout your home or office. In order to this use this extender you must already have a PowerLine AV network setup with two adapters in two different rooms or you must already have setup a PowerLine AV router, such as D-Link's PowerLine AV Wireless Router (e.g. D-Link's DHP-1320).
Beyond these capabilities, this extender supports advanced features for connecting, security, and streaming data. For streaming data, the extender features a Quality of Service function that prioritizes Internet traffic, ensuring that multimedia applications do not experience glitches while you are web surfing or downloading files. For setting up a secure, simple connection with your wireless devices, this extender features a one touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup button. In terms of encrypting all of your PowerLine AV connections to prevent unauthorized access, this extender also features an "ENY" encryption button. Working alongside your existing PowerLine AV network and compatible with Windows and Mac computer systems, this extender is a smart elegant way to extend your wireless network or to start one in the room of your choice.
- Wired or Wireless Network
- Compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, this extender uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a wireless network or extend your existing network. It turns a power outlet into a possible network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers and network storage devices throughout your home. Coupled with Wireless N, this extender enables you to extend your wireless network to the farthest corners of your home without the need for unsightly network cables. No extra drilling or wiring required 1
- The Speed You Need
- The Wireless N technology incorporated into the extender uses intelligent antenna technology to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform 802.11g devices. The extender is also capable of delivering wired Ethernet transfer rates of up to 200Mbps through the Powerline Network, so you can stream high definition video, enjoy lag-free gaming, and more quickly access large files within your network 2
- Secure, Easy-to-Setup Connection
- Outfitted with a convenient Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button, the extender allows you to setup a simple, secure wireless network configuration with WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption. It also features an encryption security button (ENY) that enables secure transmission between each HomePlug AV device
- Quality of Service
- This rapid wireless and wired transmission speeds of this extender make it ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications, enabling smooth HD video streaming, VoIP calls, and lag-free online gaming. In addition, it prioritizes Internet traffic, ensuring that multimedia applications do not experience glitches while web surfing or downloads are in progress. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling digital home consumers to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming
- D-Link Green Technology
- This Extender features a power-saving mode whereby it lowers its power consumption when connected devices, such as your computer, are off or idly not in use