The DB25-XLR M+F AES/EBU DigiSnake (4-Foot) from Avid is a 4-foot AES/EBU input/output snake that is used to connect external equipment to an Avid HD peripheral (such as the 192 I/O or 96 I/O).
The snake features a DB25 connector to 4 XLR female and 4 XLR male connectors, and is color coded specifically for Pro Tools systems.
- DB25 to 4 XLR male and 4 XLR female
- Below 192kHz, AES/EBU carries 2 channels per line, so this snake transmits 8 out and 8 in channels of digital audio via the 8 XLR connectors
- At 192kHz sample rate, the 192 I/O is using dual wire transmission and this AES snake transmits 4 out and 4 in at 192kHz
- Comprised of 110Ω "digital grade" cable
- The 4 XLRF wire jackets are yellow, the 4 XLRM jackets are black, all with appropriate labeling