LED light sources for image makers have been around for quite some time now, with everyone throwing their hat in the ring regarding on-camera versions with a few big players producing large free-standing panels. When uber-tech innovator, Academy Award winner Dedolight weighs in with a new panel, however, it tends to cause a stir.
It's called the Felloni and was reportedly named by Dedolight founder Dedo Weigert, himself. Is it a play on Fellini, substituting the "o" from Dedo? Opinions vary but what doesn't is the buzz that this is an extraordinary light. Or should we say 30 lights? The lights are produced in 3 general categories, Standard (324 LEDs), High Output (576 LEDs) and Low Profile (324 LEDs). Within each of these categories are tungsten, daylight and bicolor iterations and within these sub-categories are 15°, 30° and 50° units. What they all have in common are claims of higher output with lower power consumption than competitors and a CRI of 84. The standard versions of each light have V-Mount, NP-F Mount and D-Tap battery interfaces while the High Output and Bicolor versions are compatible with V-Mount and D-Tap only. All versions come with a multi-voltage AC power supply, diffuser, metal filter holder strips and an 8' cable to dismount the on-board dimmer and turn it into a wired remote.
This Dedolight Felloni Tecpro 50° Standard Daylight LED panel runs on 324 LEDs and has a flood beam angle which makes gives lots of coverage at close range. If you need a broad even light to establish a base light level on set, or require a fill light or light for a large subject, the Felloni Techpro 50° is for you. The 1 x 1', 4.4 lb panel is virtually heat-free, so you can squeeze it into places where other lights just can't go without worrying about harming the talent. It's also rainproof and upgradable with the purchase of an LCD dimmer or DMX module. A wireless DMX module is in the works.
- 30% more light than leading competitor in Standard version
- 50% less power consumption than competitive products: 24 W instead of 50 W
- Improved color rendition over competitive products: up to CRI 84 instead of 74
- Distance Diffuser reduces glare noticeably and provides identical light output with the diffuser on, to the Felloni's main competitive product without a diffuser. Bottom line: more power.
- AC adapter included
- Magnetic front frame for filter holder strips
- V-Mount, NP-F Mount and D-Tap battery interfaces
- The standard (on board) dimmer module is detachable and attached to an 8' (2.5 m) cable, may be used as a remote wired hand dimmer.
- The Felloni can be upgraded with an LCD dimmer or DMX module. A wireless module is in the works and will afford dimming control over 512 channels.