The Vaddio/Canon BU-51H Indoor PTZ Camera System is a 3-CCD camera featuring a 20x zoom lens and a PTZ unit that enables a tilt range of ±40°, and the camera pans ±150°. The system connects to a camera controller via its RS-232 port.
The camera's lens is plenty wide at 3.5mm (that's equivalent to 32.4mm in the 35mm world). This enables a maximum horizontal angle of view of 67.3°, making the BU-15H a good choice for showing a boardroom full of people in videoconferencing applications. The lens zooms 20x for tight close-ups, and an optical image stabilization system ensures camera moves and zooms will appear extremely smooth.
With its three 1/3" HD (1.67 Mp) CCD imagers, the BU-51H is well-suited for low-light applications, such as capturing video in a house of worship or theater that uses dramatic lighting. The 20x zoom lens enables you to mount the camera unobtrusively on a balcony and get a sufficiently tight shot of the stage.
The system features HD-SDI as well as HD (component) & SD (composite) analog outputs for maximum compatibility with switchers and monitors. A genlock port enables you to integrate the camera into a broadcast video system. The Vaddio/Canon BU-51H comes with an EZCamera Control Adapter, which converts RJ-45 to DB-9 (RS-232) to make it compatible with Polycom HDX 900 series codecs.
- Vaddio Compatibility
- The BU-51H is compatible with the Vaddio ProductionVIEW HD-SDI switcher and the Precision Camera Controller. These two systems provide joystick control of the PTZ camera, as well as focus and iris. The Precision Camera Controller also allows you to control red & blue gain as well as pedestal, for easy color matching in multi-camera installations
- 20x Lens with Image Stabilization
- The camera incorporates a Canon broadcast-quality lens with 20x optical zoom (4.5-90mm) with an auto-focus function. The camera features an optical image stabilization system to ensure exceptional HD video quality
- CCD Megapixel Sensors
- Three 1/3", 1.67 Mp CCD sensors capture excellent-quality video, even in low light
- The BU-51H features a genlock port for connecting the camera to broadcast video switchers
- Simultaneous SD Output
- In addition to the HD-SDI output, the camera offers an analog SD composite output so you can send the SD signal to a low-cost monitor