The HGST 3TB 3.5" Ultrastar 7K3000 Enterprise Hard Drive has a 6Gb/s SATA interface, a storage capacity of 3TB, and the fifth-generation HGST 5-platter mechanical design. It offers a rotational speed of 7200rpm and a 64MB data buffer. The drive is capable of maximum data transfer speeds of 600MB/s.
The 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive is reliable, with a MTBF of 2.0 million hr. The DSA (Dual Stage Actuator) and the RVS (Rotational Vibration Safeguard) offer robust performance in multi-drive operations. The drive can be used in decision support and RAID, including RAID array applications, as well as disk-to-disk backup and archiving, cloud storage, network attached storage, and data warehousing and mining environments. Compared to the previous-generation Ultrastar A7K2000, the 7K3000 offers greater capacity and reduced power consumption. The drive has an environmentally-friendly, halogen-free design.
Note! Please note that some systems will only support up to 2.19TB capacity
- SATA III 6Gb/s interface
- Has 3TB data storage capacity. Please note that some systems will only support up to 2.19TB of this capacity
- Fifth-generation HGST 5-platter mechanical design
- Offers a rotational speed of 7200rpm
- Data buffer is 64MB
- Capable of data transfer rates of up to 600MB/s
- Reliable performance, with a MTBF (mean time between failures) of 2.0 million hr
- DSA (dual stage actuator) and enhanced RVS (rotational vibration safeguard) offer robust performance in multi-drive operations. In an enclosure with 4, 5, or more drives, the spinning of the motors at 7200rpm can create excess vibration. The DSA keeps the heads over the track, which means there are fewer chances of re-reads or re-writes on the tracks. This improves transfer speeds. The HDA (head disk assembly) has the RVS to keep vibration caused by the spinning discs to a minimum
- Used in decision support and RAID, disk-to-disk backup and archiving, and RAID array applications
- Can be used in cloud storage, network attached storage, and data warehousing and mining environments
- Greater capacity and reduced power consumption compared to the previous-generation Ultrastar A7K2000. Achieves a 59% reduction in watts during low RPM idle mode, and consumes less than 1W in standby / sleep modes. The drive features a halogen-free design, which, together with its power-efficient operation, gives it an EcoTrac classification for being environmentally-friendly
- 24x7 availability: Designed to be used around the clock at peak performance levels