The Gitzo GH1781TQR Series 1 Traveler Ball Head with Quick Release combines ultra-smooth operation, strong-locking materials, and a compact, lightweight design – adding up to a high-performance, low-profile ball head that's small & light enough to earn it a spot in any travel bag. The head supports camera/lens combinations up to 12.1 lb.
The GH1781TQR weighs only 0.6 lb thanks in part to its patent-pending "bubble ball," which is hollow to achieve a significant reduction in weight. Like the bushings, the ball is treated with PTFE, a silky-smooth material that coats the metal ball to enable super-accurate, ultra-low-friction adjustments to your camera's positioning.
This "simplified" center ball head features a single knob for locking pan and tilt. The head features a full 360° panoramic adjustment range and lateral tilt up to 100° for portrait orientation. The included quick-release plate detaches from the head via the double quick-release safety system and features Safe Grip material, to prevent the camera's moving or slipping.
- Double Quick-Release Safety System
- The system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually operated by means of a button, that prevent camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick-release locking knob is released. Extremely useful with heavy equipment, long lenses and spotting scopes
- Safe Grip
- Safe Grip is a material that creates a safer lock between your camera and the quick-release plate, preventing the camera from moving or slipping
- Bubble Ball
- Gitzo has developed an exclusive technology that enables the company to produce high-quality, completely round, hollow spheres, with an ultra-thin wall that results in an incredible weight reduction
- Silky-Smooth PTFE Coating
- Gitzo's Bubble Ball also features a PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface's micro-roughness for the ultimate in accuracy. PTFE is a special treatment that generates a unique ultra-smooth surface and dramatically reduces friction between moving parts. This treatment bonds strongly with metal surfaces and ensures long-lasting performance. PTFE is one of the lowest-friction materials known to science, with the same friction coefficient as melting ice
- Magnesium Construction
- Magnesium comes in different grades, and Gitzo uses material only of the highest quality. It offers significant weight savings, being 30% lighter than aluminum. In magnesium castings, every functional bolt and screw works on threads reinforced by high-quality steel inserts for lifetime performance