The Vivitek D857WT Short-Throw Projector packs a great deal of desirable features into a small package that would be at home in the classroom, boardroom, media room or on the road.
The defining feature of the D857WT is its short-throw capabilities and it's in tight quarters or constricted spaces that this projector really shines (pun intended). That means you can position the projector in the front of the room on a simple surface without the interference with the light beam by audience members, which is so common with longer-throw units.
The D857WT features DLP/BrilliantColor technologies, which yield improved color performance with an emphasis on natural color by refining a waveform, based on the lamp spectrum and color wheel characteristics. This brilliant color rendition is brought to image sizes from 43.8-438" (1.1-11.1 m) with a crackling 3000 ANSI lumens, XGA resolution and a crisp 3000:1 contrast ratio - impressive specs for a small projector. And speaking of size, the unit weighs in at only 6 lb. (2.7kg), so chances are that it will be racking up some serious travel miles in your carry-on. And it doesn't matter where you're going either, thanks to its universal power supply and multi-color system capability.
The D857WT is also 3D ready thanks to DLP Link, which gives the user a portal to the immersive realm of 3D with compatible games, movies and frame sequential material. If fact, studies have shown that 3D increases retention of facts over presentations done in 2D.
The wide connectivity includes HDMI, composite and RS-232 for control and information. Other convenience features include closed captioning for the hearing impaired or noisy environments. Finally, the low fan noise (33dBA) means that it will be seen and not heard whether rear projected, ceiling or table mounted.
- Native XGA (1024 x 768) resolution and able to display resolution up to UXGA (1600 x 1200)
- 3000 lumens of brightness with a 3000:1 contrast ratio
- 3D-Ready via DLP Link
- High efficiency lamps that last up to 6000 hours in economy mode
- VGA output for display on a secondary monitor
- Keypad lock prevents accidental system adjustments
- Enhanced color and display adjustments
- Network ready for integration and system administration via RJ-45
- The Vivitek D857WT digital projectors also feature multiple connectivity options