The Audio-Technica U891RX is a flexible boundary microphone designed to accurately capture audio in conference hall, boardroom and classroom installations. The U891RX features a half-cardioid pick up pattern, providing a generous pick up area at the surface and perimeter while eliminating structure noise and reflections off the desktop surface. The polar pattern and even frequency response results in detailed signal reproduction, regardless of the relationship between the talker and microphone positions.
A programmable membrane switch can be set for one of three functions. Push On / Push Off, Push to Mute and Push to Talk modes are all programmable by the user and add to the flexibility of the U891RX. In addition to the outstanding sonic character, the U891RX features a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads that minimize vibration and surface noise. A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates proximity effect noise, low frequency hum, ambiance noise and wind noise. A pivoting output connector reveals a TB3-male connection and enables flexible surface installation. A 25 foot TB3-female to standard XLR male cable is supplied.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, conferencing, distance learning and other demanding sound pickup situations
- An activation switch can be set to any of three operating modes: "touch-on/touch-off," "touch-to-talk" and "touch-to-mute"
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Improved switch design