The RND Portico 5033 from Steinberg is a 5-band parametric equalizer plug-in based on the renowned Portico 5033 EQ hardware unit. Yamaha's VCM technology allows the plug-in to exactly reproduce the analog warmth and sonic finesse of the original hardware, leading to exclusive approval by Rupert Neve.
The low-mid, mid-, and high-mid frequency bands are fully parametric, with each band featuring frequency selection, filter-width adjustment (Q), and the ability to boost or cut the band by 12dB. Low- and high-shelf filters with adjustable frequency allow the user to cut or boost high- and low- frequencies.
A virtual LED on each band (LF and HF bands share a single LED) displays whether or not a band is engaged, with an option to bypass all bands for quick A/B checks. A trim knob allows an adjustment of +/- 12dB for the entire audio signal. The graphic EQ curve representation assists in providing visual feedback, and each band can be adjusted from the display using a mouse to move the band's parameter point.
The RND Portico 5033 is available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and Audio Units plug-in format, allowing for multi-instance use with digital audio applications such as Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab and Logic.
- Exact digital copy of the renowned hardware Portico 5033 EQ
- Parametrical equalizer with graphical control over frequency and gain
- Five bands including low and high shelf filters and three bands with filter-width regulation
- Based on VCM technology for capturing all the subtle details and acoustic nuances of the hardware original
- Exclusively approved by Rupert Neve
- Available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and Audio Units format for multi-instance use within DAW hosts like Cubase or Nuendo