Brass II Extended from Vienna Symphonic Library provides additional articulations and samples for the Brass II virtual instrument Standard Library (required). The sample-based virtual instrument contains the instruments needed for large-scale orchestral arrangements such as those required by a Wagnerian score for example. Oriented toward Wagner's Ring Cycle, the collection includes the bass trumpet, the contrabass trombone, Wagner tuba and contrabass tuba, all with the standard single note and Performance articulations like Interval Performances, Repetitions and Performance Trills, etc.
As an alternative to the Viennese horn, Brass II contains a new solo horn, the triple horn, Yamaha's master instrument in F/B♭/high F, recorded down to the lowest register (A1.) Also included are the piccolo trumpet, cimbasso, and the "Epic Horns" from the Horizon Series, an impressive sounding body of eight double horns that not only fulfills the sonic ideal of the theatrical late Romantic orchestra, but also meets the challenge of "larger than life" scores for modern cinema.
The Vienna Instruments user interface is clearly arranged and includes pre-configured patches for immediate playability with no learning curve. The interface uses a powerful proprietary streaming audio engine that can load up to 3,456 articulations (patches) on one MIDI channel.
Load times are extremely low and 64 stereo voices per instance can stream from the hard disc. A RAM optimizing utilities clears unused samples out of RAM. Users can easily create their own instruments, using "drag and drop" functionality, and the instrument provides the ability for velocity crossfades and release control to be switched on or off in real time.
Note: This is a license that unlocks the Extended Library content already included with the purchase of the Standard Library.
- Extended library of the large-scale orchestral brass instruments and ensembles that along with the Standard Library provide the raw material for recording absolutely authentic brass parts needed for large-scale orchestral arrangements
- Includes over 71,000 samples recorded at 24-bit/44kHz resolution
- Adds the full library of articulations
Articulations - Full Library
- Interval Performances - legato, marcato slow and fast)
- Repetition Performances - legato, portato, staccato (crescendo and diminuendo)
- Performance Repetition Upbeats - slow, medium, fast
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments Grace Note Performances - minor and minor 2nd, up and down
- Single Notes
- Short Notes - staccato and portato with various attacks and note lengths
- Long Notes - sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Horn Ensemble - blared sustains
- Dynamics - crescendo and diminuendo in various note lengths, various vibratos; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Solo Instruments Trills - half tone, whole tone (crescendo and diminuendo)
- Flutter Tongues - normal and crescendo variations