Harps Extended from Vienna Symphonic Library includes additional articulations and samples for the Harp virtual instrument Standard Library (required). The entire instrument provides the ability to write orchestral music from the mid-19th century that requires the use of two harps.
Harp 1, played by Ruth Rojahn, includes normal, muted, harmonics and bisbigliando single notes and medium speed major, diminished, pentatonic and whole tone glissandi. The controller structure of the library provides extremely flexible and quick access to various controls, allowing the user to switch between ranges, different tempos, up and down movements and different scales in real-time while playing.
The second harp, played by Julia Reth, contains an even larger number of single notes, also offering playing styles like damped, fingernail playing and pedal glissandos. A lovely ethereal effect is created by the bisbigliando variations, the whispering of tender tremolos on two strings playing the same note.
The Vienna Instruments user interface is clearly arranged and includes pre-configured patches for immediate playability with no learning curve. The interface uses a powerful proprietary streaming audio engine that can load up to 3,456 articulations (patches) on one MIDI channel.
Load times are extremely low and sixty-four stereo voices per instance can stream from the hard disc. A RAM optimizing utilities clears unused samples out of RAM. Users can easily create their own instruments, using "drag and drop" functionality, and the instrument provides the ability for velocity crossfades and release control to be switched on or off in real time.
Note! This is a license that unlocks the Extended Library content already included with the purchase of the Standard Library.
- Extended library of orchestral harps that along with the Standard Library provide the raw material for recording absolutely authentic harp parts
- Includes over 7,000 samples recorded at 24-bit/44kHz resolution
- Adds the full library of articulations
- Articulations - Full Library
- Normal, secco, près-de-la-table, fingernail playing normal and secco, harmonics, bisbigliando, pedal glissandos
- Major and harmonic minor full-scale
- Melodic minor, diminished, pentatonic
- Whole tone scale
- Slow, medium, fast
- One, three, and five octaves, single and multiple cross glissandos
- Fast fortissimo glissandos spanning one octave
- Major, minor, diminished, augmented
- Three and four notes
- Slow, medium, fast