The Panasonic PT-LB3U XGA Portable Projector is a high-performance LCD projector designed to accommodate installations from permanent ceiling-mounted to simple desk-mounted use. With 3200 ANSI lumens of brightness, whether in the classroom or the boardroom the projector delivers crisp HD performance. It improves perceived sharpness, brightness and contrast, and projects lifelike images with remarkable depth.
Panasonic's Daylight View Basic technology achieves sharp, easy-to-see images by clearly reproducing the details in dark image areas, which were previously difficult to see in brightly lit rooms. A built-in sensor measures the ambient light, and the Daylight View Basic function adjusts the halftone color and brightness level according to the surrounding illumination.
A 5000 hour lamp replacement cycle saves operating costs. Also, the Intelligent Power Management function allows the projector to continue operating even when the power supply voltage is fluctuated.
Setup is fast and easy thanks to features like Speed Start, which brings up the image quickly, and simple, single-leg adjustment of the projector angle. A built-in closed-caption decoder makes it an ideal teaching tool, along with features like side-by-side imaging and it is the size of an A4 file and weighs only about 5 lb. (2.3kg). Its handy size and weight make it easy to carry from room to room, or to a client's office for an on-site presentation. It gives you sharp, clear images wherever and whenever you need them.
Besides its many performance attributes, the PT-LB3U projector is bottom-line friendly. Additionally, it combines a dust-resistant design with an ecological design.
- Easy Remote Monitoring and Control Even When Mounted on the Ceiling
- A Web browser on a computer connected through a wired LAN system lets you remotely operate projectors and check their status. An e-mail messaging function can also notify you when a lamp needs replacement, and indicate the overall projector status. In addition, Multi Projector Monitoring and Control Software are included for monitoring and controlling multiple Panasonic projectors from a single PC. The wired LAN terminal is compatible with PJLink (Class1), an open protocol that is used by many manufacturers, to enable integrated control of systems that contain different brands of projectors
- Simplify Maintenance
- The lamp can be accessed through the top panel for easy replacement, and the air filter can be removed and installed through the side panel. This eliminates the need to detach the projector from its ceiling bracket and greatly simplifies maintenance. The air filter uses a Micro Cut Filter, which is an electrostatic filter that employs an ion effect to attract and trap dust particles with high efficiency
- Various Interfaces Allow Use with a Wide Range of Systems
- Interfaces include two computer (RGB) inputs, a wired LAN terminal, and a serial (RS-232C) terminal for external control. The serial terminal has an Emulate function that lets you continue using existing control systems when replacing a previous Panasonic model. It is also possible to output audio during standby mode. This is convenient when connecting an external audio system*11 through the projector
- Lamp Drive System
- Panasonic employs a number of advanced technologies - including a proprietary lamp drive system - that help maintain lamp performance. This has resulted in a 5000-hour lamp replacement cycle. It helps saving operating cost by providing longer usage between lamp replacements
- A4-File-Size Body
- The compact body is the size of an A4 file and weighs only about 5 lb. (2.3kg), while producing a brightness of 3200 lumens. Its handy size and weight make it easy to carry from room to room, or to a client's office for an on-site presentation. It gives you sharp, clear images wherever and whenever you need them
- Intelligent Power Management
- Momentary power outages or voltage drops can cause the projector to shut down, interrupting the projection. The PT-LB3 Series equipped with the Intelligent Power Management function controls the power supply to cope with power fluctuations, to enable continued projection
- Daylight View
- Panasonic's Daylight View Basic technology achieves sharp, easy-to-see images by clearly reproducing the details in dark image areas, which were previously difficult to see in brightly lit rooms. A built-in sensor measures the ambient light, and the Daylight View Basic function adjusts the halftone color and brightness level according to the surrounding illumination
- Quiet 29dB Design Helps to Hold Viewers' Attention
- The noise level is as low as 29dB. This helps your audience to keep their attention on the discussion or on the screen images during quiet scenes
- Low Standby Power Consumption
- The ecological design of the PT-LB3 series greatly reduces its environmental impact. In eco-mode, power consumption is only 0.3W. As examples of other environmental design features, the uncoated cabinet uses no halogenated flame retardants, the lens uses lead free glass, and an Auto Off Timer switches the projector to standby mode when no input signal is received for a preset time. The PT-LB3 series also complies with the standards of the RoHS
- Additional Features
With Speed Start, the image quickly appears after you press the power button.
Single-leg simplifies adjustment of the projector angle.
With Real-Time Keystone Correction, the projector automatically senses if you adjust its angle (in the vertical direction) during operation and instantly makes whatever keystone correction is necessary for optimal viewing.
Auto Signal Search automatically detects what kind of source is connected and begins projection.
On-Screen Help Display: If images cannot be projected when a PC is connected by a VGA cable, this function displays the output setting method for the PC. The Help screen guides you through the button operations according to the maker of the connected PC.
Input Guidance Function: This function displays on-screen illustrations to show the selected channel and whether the input signal is being received or not. It lets you confirm the input conditions at a glance, even when multiple devices are connected to the input terminals.
Whiteboard and Blackboard modes are convenient when projecting in rooms that don't have a screen.
Index Window: You can split the screen into two windows, right and left, and display a frozen (still) image in one and a real-time action image in the other.
Digital Zoom: Expands selected parts of the display up to three times their original size.
Freeze Function: This function lets you display still images by freezing a motion image.
AV Mute: Temporarily turns off both the image and the sound.
Background Color: When there is no signal from the source device, a solid background color (settable to either blue or black) is displayed on the screen to help prevent connection errors.
A compact, easy-to-use wireless remote control.
Selectable 17 language on-screen menu.
Built-in closed caption decoder
- Startup Logo
- You can change the default Panasonic start up logo to any logo you want. A new logo can be easily uploaded by connecting a computer to the PT-LB3 Series through the LAN or serial connection by using the Logo Transfer Software. An abundance of other security measures are also included, such as a security anchor, a user password, a control panel lock, and text superimposing
- Direct Power Off Function
- The Direct Power Off function keeps the cooling fan turned on even when you unplug the power cord right after use. Electric power stored inside the unit is used to operate the cooling fan to lower the internal temperature. This lets you put everything away and carry the projector quickly to your next presentation or lecture
- Eco Information
No halogenated flame retardants are used in the cabinet.
Non-coated cabinet for easy recycling.
Daylight View Basic function makes the screen seem brighter without increasing power consumption.
Lead-free glass is used for the lens.
Standby power consumption of only 0.3W has been achieved.
An Auto Off Timer switches the projector to standby mode when no input signal is received for a preset time
- Convenient Carrying Bag
- A carrying bag with a handy shoulder strap comes with the projector. It also protects the projector from impacts