The Source Four HID 90º Ellipsoidal 70W/277V Spotlight - Stage Pin Plug (White) from ETC is a high-intensity discharge (HID) light fixture with a ceramic metal-halide lamp. The spotlight has an electronic ballast (120V or 277V) attached to the yoke of the fixture which provides the added power required to strike and operate an HID lamp.
The long-life,12,000-hour ceramic metal-halide lamps in the Source Four HIDs provide up to 10,000 more working hours than standard fixtures, which means less lamp changing and lower maintenance costs. This makes the HID fixtures ideal for tall, hard to reach ceilings or vaulted theatres and churches. Thanks to the attached electronic ballast with a power factor greater than 95%, the HID fixtures operate with significantly more efficiency, saving energy and money. And with a maximum operating current of 0.7 amps, more fixtures can be safely placed on a 20A circuit.
A re-optimized optical system with a multi-faceted borosilicate reflector and dichroic mirror coating removes more than 90% of the infrared radiation (heat) produced and reflects more than 95% of the produced visible light.
Operating the light fixture has been made easier with a one-handed zoom operation and positive zoom lock. A positive locking single-clutch body with thermally insulated knobs and shutter handles and a two position steel yoke make positioning the light angle safer and easier.
With its powerful light and long throw, Source Four HID fixtures are recommended for large architectural spaces that need strong, dramatic lighting to highlight details or display spaces. They're built with gel frame retainers and wide accessory slots for glass, steel and motorized patterns, making them the ideal fixtures for projecting logos, signs or patterns.
The HID 90º Series comes in 150W or 70W models, with a 120V or 277V ballast and with choices of Edison Power Plug, Stage Pin, Twist-Lock, or Pigtail connectors. Black or white finishes are also available.
An innovator for more than thirty years, ETC continues to produce award winning light fixtures and lighting control systems.
Note: Source Four HIDs are non-dimmable fixtures.
- Faceted borosilicate reflector with dichroic cold mirror coating removes greater than 90% of infrared radiation (heat) and reflects greater than 95% of visible light.
- A 120V or 277V electronic ballast is mounted to the fixture yoke.
- Twenty-gauge stainless steel shutters in a tri-plane assembly within a ±25º rotating shutter assembly.
- Interchangeable Lens Barrel
- Interchangeable lens barrels permit selection of 5˚, 10˚, 14°,19˚, 26˚, 36˚, 50˚, 70°, and 90° field angles as well as 19˚, 26˚, 36˚, and 50˚ EDLT lenses.
Source Four HID is shipped with a 70W Philips MasterColor CDM lamp with 3000°K color temperature and a Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 81.
An optional 70W Philips MasterColor CDM 4,200°K color temperature lamp is available separately.
- Shock Mounts
- Both the reflector and lenses are secured with an anti-vibration shock mount.
- Insulated Knobs and Handles
- High impact, thermally insulated knobs and shutter handles including thermally insulated rear handle allow for safe adjustment and operation.
- UL and cUL Listed
- Source Four HID are suitable for use in damp locations.