Profoto is renowned for its benchmark flash packs and heads but the same quality extends to virtually every piece of equipment they make. The ProTungsten Air is a case in point.
Everybody makes a 500/1000W open face or flood but Profoto does it with a durable, lightweight, ergonomic housing that features a built-in handle. And the same type of frosted dome which so successfully produces that signature quality of light in their strobes is used to the same effect in the ProTungsten. Again, using tried and true flash technology, a 2-speed fan is employed to get 300 hours of lamp life out of the advanced G 9.5-based 500 or 1000W lamp (not included). Best of all, nearly all of Profoto's extensive range of light-shaping tools can be used with the ProTungsten Air.
But there's more. Let's not forget that the "Air" in the name implies remote control and you can indeed control the light output wirelessly from a Profoto Air Remote or Air Sync Transceiver. With its multi-voltage power supply the ProTungsten goes just about anywhere there's electricity. Just swap out the lamp for one of the appropriate voltage.
Note: The ProTungsten Air does not come with a lamp in order to offer you an option of 500W or 1000W.
- Profoto offers by far the widest range of light-shaping tools available. With the ProTungsten Air, they're also available for HDSLR users and videographers.
- 500 or 1000W by simply changing a bulb
- Silent operation even with active fan cooling
- Integrated radio remote control (Output/On/Off)
- Light but robust - only 6.0 lb (2.7 kg)
- One of the most advanced halogen lamps on the market
- Lamp life is approximately 300 hours as compared with a standard GX 6.35/1000W or 500W that has a 100 hour life
- Designed for photographers and videographers