Nikon Creative Lighting System Digital Field Guide, 2nd Edition is a handy, toss-it-in-your-bag field guide that will show you how to get the most out of your Nikon speedlights. It not only covers the use of Nikon SB-900, the SB-800, and SB-600 flashes, but will also show you how to set up a wireless studio as well as give you instruction in multiple speedlight setups. You'll come away with knowing how to use your flashes as a portable studio up to and including how to determine lighting ratios. Examples cover the use of the flashes in wedding, wildlife, portrait, product shot, and corporate locations.
About the Author: J. Dennis Thomas is a professional photographer and author based in Austin, TX. He owns Dead Sailor Productions, a photography and graphic design business, and has worked with many notable clients. He has authored eight previous Digital Field Guides and has published articles in national photography magazines.
- QUICK TOUR
- CHAPTER 1 Exploring the Nikon Creative Lighting System
- CHAPTER 2 Setting Up Your Nikon Speedlights
- CHAPTER 3 Flash Photography Fundamentals
- CHAPTER 4 Advanced Wireless Lighting
- CHAPTER 5 Setting up a Portable Studio
- CHAPTER 6 Advanced Flash Techniques
- APPENDIX A Posing Considerations
- APPENDIX B Resources
- APPENDIX C How to Use the Gray Card and Color Checker